Woodnet Forums
Yost parallel bar clamps - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Yost parallel bar clamps (/showthread.php?tid=7338941)

Yost parallel bar clamps - JSpill - 04-16-2018

I'm thinking of adding a couple of 12" parallel bar clamps to my inventory. I have used longer Bessy and Jet clamps. I'm thinking of trying a pair of 12" Yost clamps this time, but I have no experience with them. I'm wondering how people who have used Yost parallel clamps feel about them. Thanks.

RE: Yost parallel bar clamps - rlance - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 12:34 PM)JSpill Wrote: I'm thinking of adding a couple of 12" parallel bar clamps to my inventory. I have used longer Bessy and Jet clamps. I'm thinking of trying a pair of 12" Yost clamps this time, but I have no experience with them. I'm wondering how people who have used Yost parallel clamps feel about them. Thanks.

J......I'm not familiar with Yost clamps......but, I have a full range of Bessy parallel bar clamps from 12" to 96" and I use the 12" clamps more frequently than any other clamp. So, I do recommend that size clamp strongly.

RE: Yost parallel bar clamps - Arlin Eastman - 04-16-2018

I was also lucky to get some bessys when guys here were selling out or moving.  Me and the guys use mostly the 12" and 24" and in a few 31" so far.  I do have several 48 and 60 but have not used them yet.

Sorry do not know about the Yost clamps.  It was talked about here a few years ago tho.