Woodnet Forums
Competed Plane Till - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Competed Plane Till (/showthread.php?tid=7338964)

Pages: 1 2

Competed Plane Till - deeno - 04-17-2018

Finally had time to start/finish a plane till.  This has been a project that has been in my to do list for a long time.   Wood is pine.  I tried to stain it to make it look more aged but didnt like the result.  I ended up sanding it all down and starting over.  Not a lot of planes but they help me get the job done.  I am still waiting for my backordered shooting plane to fill in the left side of the till.  Just now trying this picture attaching that is now embedded on this site, nice.    Thanks for looking.

[attachment=9914]

[attachment=9915]

RE: Competed Plane Till - hbmcc - 04-17-2018

That looks really nice! I was going to ask about the "attachment" method you used but the image blew-up extra big when I looked below this message box. 

So, the big question is: Do you have to quit collecting planes now that the till is full?

RE: Competed Plane Till - Admiral - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 03:12 PM)hbmcc Wrote: That looks really nice! I was going to ask about the "attachment" method you used but the image blew-up extra big when I looked below this message box. 

So, the big question is: Do you have to quit collecting planes now that the till is full?

Well done.  Functional and nice looking.

RE: Competed Plane Till - Bob10 - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 02:34 PM)deeno Wrote: Finally had time to start/finish a plane till.  This has been a project that has been in my to do list for a long time.   Wood is pine.  I tried to stain it to make it look more aged but didnt like the result.  I ended up sanding it all down and starting over.  Not a lot of planes but they help me get the job done.  I am still waiting for my backordered shooting plane to fill in the left side of the till.  Just now trying this picture attaching that is now embedded on this site, nice.    Thanks for looking.

Nice I have been wanting to build one of these but I can't figure out how big to make it

RE: Competed Plane Till - Peter Tremblay - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 05:04 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Nice I have been wanting to build one of these but I can't figure out how big to make it

Yup, I'm wrestling with the same question
Crazy

RE: Competed Plane Till - Peter Tremblay - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 02:34 PM)deeno Wrote: Finally had time to start/finish a plane till.  This has been a project that has been in my to do list for a long time.   Wood is pine.  I tried to stain it to make it look more aged but didnt like the result.  I ended up sanding it all down and starting over.  Not a lot of planes but they help me get the job done.  I am still waiting for my backordered shooting plane to fill in the left side of the till.  Just now trying this picture attaching that is now embedded on this site, nice.    Thanks for looking.

Beautifully done!

RE: Competed Plane Till - AgGEM - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 03:44 PM)Admiral Wrote: Well done.  Functional and nice looking.

Yep, I agree.

RE: Competed Plane Till - Admiral - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 05:04 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Nice I have been wanting to build one of these but I can't figure out how big to make it

I went large......

[Image: 13631780924_335ea83e3e_b.jpg]

RE: Competed Plane Till - wood-chips - 04-17-2018

Very nice. Sure is nice to have everything organized and handy.

RE: Competed Plane Till - Belle City Woodworking - 04-17-2018

Very Nice Deeno