Woodnet Forums
What to do with an orphaned Lane Chest - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: What to do with an orphaned Lane Chest (/showthread.php?tid=7339108)

What to do with an orphaned Lane Chest - Bob10 - 04-22-2018

So as I was driving home from dinner I look out the window and there it is.  Orphaned next to the curb and looks to be in great shape so as I seem to be unable to resist it lands in the van and on the way in I see the hinges have given up.  I have an a few sets so no worries but while in great shape it is dated and going to be sent to the attic to hold clothes in place of one or 2 of the HD boxes that hold them now.  I know I am not the only one that picks these up so I have to ask do any of you update them for use or just use them as is

RE: What to do with an orphaned Lane Chest - 6270_Productions - 04-23-2018

Hey!!!!

Bring that back - RIGHT NOW!

I just set it there to air out.

Big Grin

RE: What to do with an orphaned Lane Chest - DickA - 04-23-2018

Make sure the locking system has been updated so a child can't get locked inside. The lid shouldn't close without holding in the button if it's a newer lock. The old ones would lock when you shut the lid. You can check the date of manufacture on the bottom of the chest. Read the number backwards.

RE: What to do with an orphaned Lane Chest - BpB123 - 04-23-2018

(04-23-2018, 09:14 AM)DickA Wrote: Make sure the locking system has been updated so a child can't get locked inside. The lid shouldn't close without holding in the button if it's a newer lock. The old ones would lock when you shut the lid. You can check the date of manufacture on the bottom of the chest. Read the number backwards.

Lane was great at getting info and replacement locks.  If you have questions, I would contact them.

RE: What to do with an orphaned Lane Chest - Bob10 - 04-23-2018

I would bet it is older, I will check that.

RE: What to do with an orphaned Lane Chest - Stwood_ - 04-24-2018

Not necessarily lane chests, but the trend on old pos chests I've seen is decorate the insides, paint the outsides with some oddball colors.
Winkgrin