Woodnet Forums
Tool Auction - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Tool Auction (/showthread.php?tid=7339277)

Pages: 1 2

Tool Auction - bargrove - 04-30-2018

Advertised on craigslist Toledo:

https://toledo.craigslist.org/tls/d/900-woodworking-tools/6575628008.html

RE: Tool Auction - gov.cheese - 04-30-2018

(04-30-2018, 10:08 AM)bargrove Wrote: Advertised on craigslist Toledo:

https://toledo.craigslist.org/tls/d/900-woodworking-tools/6575628008.html

YO!

RE: Tool Auction - alanealane - 04-30-2018

Hey "avatar" there's a couple cool treadle machines here you might like...didn't see any lathes though
Big Grin

RE: Tool Auction - cvillewood - 04-30-2018

Edit: I see you’re a first time poster and am going to guess you’re somehow affiliated with the Auction. Poor form.

Personality, I don’t post about upcoming auctions. I know that if I was planning to go and hoping for a deal, I wouldn’t want someone inviting the internet to it to outbid me.

No offense intended, just offering my opinion.

RE: Tool Auction - med-one - 04-30-2018

Hmm, only an hour from me.

RE: Tool Auction - WJB - 04-30-2018

C'ville, I generally agree with what you are saying. I could never understand why people would attract attention and competition to a sale.

But, this is not the typical tool auction. The center wheel plane should bring $10k. I can't remember what the presentation plane sold for last, I think $60k, and it might hit $100k this time. All the big time guys know about this sale so I would not expect any dirt cheap antique road show moments.

RE: Tool Auction - cvillewood - 05-01-2018

Gotcha WJB, I had no idea those planes would sell for that kind of coin.

Still bogus that the one poster shows up just to advertise an auction (apparently).

RE: Tool Auction - med-one - 05-01-2018

That plow plane has a crack on the knob...........

RE: Tool Auction - bargrove - 05-01-2018

(04-30-2018, 01:41 PM)cvillewood Wrote: Edit:  I see you’re a first time poster and am going to guess you’re somehow affiliated with the Auction. Poor form.

Personality, I don’t post about upcoming auctions. I know that if I was planning to go and hoping for a deal, I wouldn’t want someone inviting the internet to it to outbid me.

No offense intended, just offering my opinion.

No.  I am a furnituremaker (johnbarfielddesign.com) who occasionally looks at Craigslist.  I do not collect tools and have never been to a tool auction.
It just seemed to me that such an unusual Craigslist posting (for Toledo) would appeal to people here.  
I sometimes scan the hand tool forum for interesting or relevant postings, like hundreds of others. I think I have posted on Woodnet before, but if I haven't, I guess this counts.

RE: Tool Auction - gov.cheese - 05-01-2018

(05-01-2018, 09:27 AM)bargrove Wrote: No.  I am a furnituremaker (johnbarfielddesign.com) who occasionally looks at Craigslist.  I do not collect tools and have never been to a tool auction.
It just seemed to me that such an unusual Craigslist posting (for Toledo) would appeal to people here.  
I sometimes scan the hand tool forum for interesting or relevant postings, like hundreds of others. I think I have posted on Woodnet before, but if I haven't, I guess this counts.

Welcome to WF! I appreciated the information.