Woodnet Forums
Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw SOLD - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw SOLD (/showthread.php?tid=7341627)

Pages: 1 2

Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw SOLD - Woodjets - 08-11-2018

Excellent condition Bandsaw made in 2007. Comes with Lennox 3/4" Trimaster carbide tipped blade and 2 other smaller steel blades and mobility kit.

• 16" resaw height

• Blade length 151" to 154"

• Triple-boxed-beam spine and neck, 5mm formed steel

• Magnetic starter with overload protection

• 0.5” thick cast-iron wheels, internally balanced

• Quick-change tongue-and-groove tires

• Quick-tilting table with single-handle adjust feature

• Cast iron fence, fully adjustable for drift

• 0.75” by 0.375” miter slot

• Upper and lower doors open independently

• “Soft-touch” foot brake with adjustable magnetic stop switch

• Upper and lower European-style roller guides

• Universal mount accepts most aftermarket guide systems

• 1.25” steel guidepost with chain-and-sprocket raising/lowering

• Cast iron through-block knuckle for guidepost support
$1800, obviously pick up only. A new saw and blades would run you about $4000 plus sales tax.
I'm in Los Angeles, Hollywood/Koreatown area. I will gladly help with loading and unloading.

[attachment=12145]

RE: Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw - sniper - 08-11-2018

I'm going to be in Irvine in 2 weeks on business. If I can get that into my carry on bag, you've got a deal. I'd love to have it.

RE: Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw - Woodjets - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 07:23 PM)sniper Wrote: I'm going to be in Irvine in 2 weeks on business.  If I can get that into my carry on bag, you've got a deal.  I'd love to have it.

Getting  it in the bag is easy, picking the bag up after that would be hell, the saw weighs nearly 500lbs.

RE: Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw - thomaskila - 08-12-2018

(08-11-2018, 08:01 PM)Woodjets Wrote: Getting  it in the bag is easy, picking the bag up after that would be hell, the saw weighs over 500lbs.

I just got the 20" version this past Christmas.  It truly is a beast and is my favorite large power tool.  Whoever gets this will not be disappointed.

RE: Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw - fredhargis - 08-12-2018

Moving it is not bad, if you have a trailer. Lay it down on it's spine and secure it.

RE: Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw - Aram - 08-12-2018

(08-12-2018, 05:45 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Moving it is not bad, if you have a trailer. Lay it down on it's spine and secure it.

Indeed. I moved my MM16 last year. I built a cheap trolley (a couple of 2x4s bolted together, riding on a couple of casters), and strapped it to the spine with mattress straps. A friend and I levered it into a UHaul, rolled it in, and levered it back upright. Piece of cake.

It would obviously be even easier with a trailer.

This is a great saw. 

Question for the seller: What year? How much resaw height, and what blade size? Prospective buyers might want to know.

RE: Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw - Woodjets - 01-10-2019

I have a trailer available if anyone is interested in the saw. It won't be difficult to move.

RE: Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw - Kansas City Fireslayer - 01-13-2019

I moved my Laguna LT18 using two old tires layed flat in the bed of my truck and then I centered the spine on them. Added ratchet straps and it was rock solid. This is a great saw and price—especially given the price increases with tariffs.

RE: Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw - TomFromStLouis - 01-14-2019

I use the same saw in my shop and am happy with it. If I could get a bigger saw in I would be happier, but this one does everything I need.

RE: Mini Max MM16 Bandsaw - AgGEM - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 05:27 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: I use the same saw in my shop and am happy with it. If I could get a bigger saw in I would be happier, but this one does everything I need.

That is the trouble with the Bandsaw. It is always one size too small....
Smile
My 14SUV takes good care of me. but if I could, I would.