Woodnet Forums
Tool stores in Athens? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Tool stores in Athens? (/showthread.php?tid=7341630)

Tool stores in Athens? - Robert Adams - 08-11-2018

Headed to Athens next month and will be looking for tools. Anyone know of any good places to buy small power and hand tools there. Also planning to go to Naxos as well. If I find something worth buying I can either box it up or get another bag and bring it back as checked luggage. I am looking for tools or materials of any type not just woodworking (really have enough of those anyway).

RE: Tool stores in Athens? - joespehar - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 06:46 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Headed to Athens next month and will be looking for tools. Anyone know of any good places to buy small power and hand tools there. Also planning to go to Naxos as well. If I find something worth buying I can either box it up or get another bag and bring it back as checked luggage. I am looking for tools or materials of any type not just woodworking (really have enough of those anyway).

Power tools?  Greece has a different electrical system and any power tools you buy there may not work well in the U.S.A.  I'm not sure any tools you buy there would be as economical as those you buy at home.

RE: Tool stores in Athens? - Robert Adams - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 07:27 PM)joespehar Wrote:      Power tools?  Greece has a different electrical system and any power tools you buy there may not work well in the U.S.A.  I'm not sure any tools you buy there would be as economical as those you buy at home.

For corded  its 240 50hz. The hand tools run fine on 240 60hz here. But cordless is cordless and I'd probably just leave the chargers there. I would only be looking for those illusive green bosch wit the wierd tools like the mini chain saw and angle flap sander etc. (I wish we had 240 instead of 120 here though but 60 hz as its more efficient to produce than 50hz)
      More so looking for accessories but if something shows up who knows.

Have only been able to find a couple small tool stores there so far and from the pics I see mainly cheap stuff.