Woodnet Forums
HANDTOOLS: Very nice T9 #8; Stanley 700 Vice - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: HANDTOOLS: Very nice T9 #8; Stanley 700 Vice (/showthread.php?tid=7342813)

HANDTOOLS: Very nice T9 #8; Stanley 700 Vice - Admiral - 09-30-2018

If you have a itch to pick up a #8, you might want to scratch it.

Here's a Type 9 (1902-'07) Stanley #8 jointer.  This tool is as found, I've done nothing to it, the guy I bought it from was downsizing and he kept all of his tools very well (including the #700 vice that follows).  I've left it alone as it has some nice user patina, 95% +/- original japanning, low knob is nice, and solid, as is the tote, amazing for a 110 year old plane.  Plenty of iron, which I imagine was replaced long ago as the logo is from the '30's, so this plane made someone a living.  Metal (no cracks, great mouth and sole) and mechanically its 100%, everything works as it should.  This is clearly not a rustbucket, no apologies here.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 45015036021_62b16d8694_b.jpg]

You can view this and the vice to come in the Flickr album here, where you can enlarge the pictures:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N08/albums/72157698689046142

This is a very nice plane, and for it being over a century old, is downright crispy; nicest one of its type I've found in several years, most are rustbuckets, this one was cared for by all its owners.  Yours for $125 plus shipping; 8s in this condition go for more on ebay but I got a fair deal on it so I'm passing it forward to someone who will appreciate this plane.

Next up is a Stanley 700 vice, what I call a "corner vice."  I got one about 15 years ago and use it a lot more than I thought I would, it can hold vertically and horizontally, good for those odd shaped pieces of smaller work (I use mine a lot for rasp work when I repair totes).  Acme thread and control arm, clamps firmly to a bench (I have mine set up on a piece of hardwood that I clamp into my end vice so it sticks out from the bench).  This one is in particularly good condition, crispy in fact, all original, 100% mechanically.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 31142641818_6708bf44e4_b.jpg]

I see these from time to time, but many are trashed, this one is not.  Yours for $25 plus shipping.

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full shipping address so I can figure postage and print a mailing label.  I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order please unless I know you from the forum then checks are just fine.

As always, user tools that I would own (and do own in this case), priced reasonably for users.  Thanks for looking.

RE: HANDTOOLS: Very nice T9 #8; Stanley 700 Vice - SteveF - 09-30-2018

That's a really nice No.8, I haven't had one that nice in many years.

RE: HANDTOOLS: Very nice T9 #8; Stanley 700 Vice - BarnstCJ - 09-30-2018

(09-30-2018, 03:05 PM)Admiral Wrote: If you have a itch to pick up a #8, you might want to scratch it.

Here's a Type 9 (1902-'07) Stanley #8 jointer.  This tool is as found, I've done nothing to it, the guy I bought it from was downsizing and he kept all of his tools very well (including the #700 vice that follows).  I've left it alone as it has some nice user patina, 95% +/- original japanning, low knob is nice, and solid, as is the tote, amazing for a 110 year old plane.  Plenty of iron, which I imagine was replaced long ago as the logo is from the '30's, so this plane made someone a living.  Metal (no cracks, great mouth and sole) and mechanically its 100%, everything works as it should.  This is clearly not a rustbucket, no apologies here.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 45015036021_62b16d8694_b.jpg]

You can view this and the vice to come in the Flickr album here, where you can enlarge the pictures:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N08/albums/72157698689046142

This is a very nice plane, and for it being over a century old, is downright crispy; nicest one of its type I've found in several years, most are rustbuckets, this one was cared for by all its owners.  Yours for $125 plus shipping; 8s in this condition go for more on ebay but I got a fair deal on it so I'm passing it forward to someone who will appreciate this plane.

Next up is a Stanley 700 vice, what I call a "corner vice."  I got one about 15 years ago and use it a lot more than I thought I would, it can hold vertically and horizontally, good for those odd shaped pieces of smaller work (I use mine a lot for rasp work when I repair totes).  Acme thread and control arm, clamps firmly to a bench (I have mine set up on a piece of hardwood that I clamp into my end vice so it sticks out from the bench).  This one is in particularly good condition, crispy in fact, all original, 100% mechanically.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 31142641818_6708bf44e4_b.jpg]

I see these from time to time, but many are trashed, this one is not.  Yours for $25 plus shipping.

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full shipping address so I can figure postage and print a mailing label.  I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order please unless I know you from the forum then checks are just fine.

As always, user tools that I would own (and do own in this case), priced reasonably for users.  Thanks for looking.

I'll take the #8.  Sent you a pm.

RE: HANDTOOLS: Very nice T9 #8; Stanley 700 Vice - Admiral - 09-30-2018

I've got multiple outstanding offers on both tools; waiting on confirmation from #1 in line, and if that falls thru, I'll work my way down from there.  Thanks to all for looking.

Edit:  Both tools are confirmed sold.

RE: HANDTOOLS: Very nice T9 #8; Stanley 700 Vice - hbmcc - 10-01-2018

Just a FYI. I have a late #8 I picked up through a local list two or three years ago that was a 'bargain' at about 30% more. Admiral is a generous salesman!

RE: HANDTOOLS: Very nice T9 #8; Stanley 700 Vice - FrankAtl - 10-01-2018

I highly recommend doing business with Admiral. Top notch tools very attractive pricing!

RE: HANDTOOLS: Very nice T9 #8; Stanley 700 Vice - Admiral - 10-01-2018

Awwww, you guys are making me blush.....  
Blush
Blush
Blush

RE: HANDTOOLS: Very nice T9 #8; Stanley 700 Vice - Kansas City Fireslayer - 10-01-2018

That #8 is a beauty. It’s not easy to find 4’s and 5’s of that era this nice—let alone an 8. Great price for sure. Tempting for even the guy who already has too many planes.