Woodnet Forums
some more for sale - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: some more for sale (/showthread.php?tid=7343656)

some more for sale - tablesawtom - 10-14-2018

Again. this Bailey 6 has been precision ground and nothing needs to be done except sharpen. If you would like a better description please see my Miller Falls post. It has been stripped and repainted and has a new knob and tote made out of walnut. Rob Cosman seems to prefer the #6 for using on a shooting. heavy enough not to stall out in the cut and long enough to get the job done. Asking $110 plus shipping.

Pictures say the most.

[attachment=13670][attachment=13672][attachment=13673][attachment=13674][attachment=13675]

I also have a Stanley #2 Flat bottom that nothing has been done to. There are a few grinder marks on the side ( not made by me) and they can bee seen in the first picture. The tote has a repair at the bottom and you have to look hard to find it and it has a sweet heart blade. Asking $110 plus shipping.

[attachment=13678][attachment=13679][attachment=13680][attachment=13681]

And lastly moxon hardware. The screw is a 3/4-6 acme thread and 8 or 9 inches long, I do not remember which. Asking $115 shipped.

[attachment=13684]

Thanks for looking

Tom

RE: some more for sale - GeorgeV - 10-14-2018

I can certainly attest to the work that Tom does on the planes that he offers. I have bought a few in years past and they are truly very nice to use and refurbished with care.

RE: some more for sale - Stwood_ - 10-14-2018

Has the #2 been welded Tom? Grinder marks are in that weak spot.

RE: some more for sale - Bob10 - 10-14-2018

Funny you ask that as a No 2 is what I am looking for.  I have a Lie Nielsen No 1 and a box of Stanley replacement blades for a No 1 but not a No 2
I will keep looking, I just picked up an early 39 Uni to go with the other one I have.  Might have to let one of them go as they really aren't users as much as cool old stuff to look at.  Sort of like a 58 Chevy looks good but I want something with more power.  What can I say I like the 58 more than the 57 most go crazy over.

RE: some more for sale - tablesawtom - 10-15-2018

The 2 is sold pending and no it hasn't been welded. I think it was to remove some initials.  If it had been welded I would have said so. Also I wouldn't have asked as much if it had been. Actually I wouldn't even offered it for sale.. 

A really good deal is the 6.  If you think you can get by without a six you are missing the boat on that one, but the best deal is the Miller Falls 14. It can be used as a Jack or a smoother.

Tom

RE: some more for sale - tablesawtom - 10-15-2018

The #2 is sold.

Tom

RE: some more for sale - lwoody - 10-17-2018

Tom, sent a PM on the Bailey #6. I'll take it!

RE: some more for sale - tablesawtom - 10-18-2018

6 is sold pending.

Tom

RE: some more for sale - bennybmn - 10-24-2018

Someone snag the Moxon hardware... It's good stuff!

RE: some more for sale - alanealane - 10-24-2018

(10-24-2018, 04:00 PM)bennybmn Wrote: Someone snag the Moxon hardware... It's good stuff!

I second that. I already got a set of these from Tom and haven't used them yet
Laugh