Woodnet Forums
Christmas bowl - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Christmas bowl (/showthread.php?tid=7344126)

Christmas bowl - wood-chips - 11-05-2018

I’ve started working on more woodworking Christmas projects. I just finished this bowl. It’s made from hard maple cutoffs and a piece of bloodwood. It is 8” in diameter and 1 3/4” tall and has three coats of Formby's high gloss tung oil. I still have two more in the works.
Thanks for looking...

[Image: 45741816241_4da815aac3_m.jpg]

RE: Christmas bowl - Arlin Eastman - 11-05-2018

I can not see the picture.  Do not know if it is my computer or not.

RE: Christmas bowl - wood-chips - 11-05-2018

(11-05-2018, 07:12 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I can not see the picture.  Do not know if it is my computer or not.

Fixed, I hope. Google photos seems to always give me grief.
I put it on Flickr and it seems to show up ok for me.

RE: Christmas bowl - chips ahoy - 11-06-2018

works for me.Nice looking bowl.

Mel

RE: Christmas bowl - crokett™ - 11-06-2018

that's very nice. I have a design in my head for something similar. I was thinking of cutting a block in half in a wavy line and seeing if I could do a glueup with a bent piece to follow the curve. it may be that I cut it, then I soak the contrasting piece to soften it, then I clamp everything until the contrast dries in the shape I need, then I glue it up.

RE: Christmas bowl - Arlin Eastman - 11-06-2018

Well that looks pretty nice.  I did a small plate for my wife kind of like that.  On the left side I made two cuts about 3/4" apart and glued it together.  When it was dry I did it again but horizontal and on the upper part about 2" from the top and in two lines 3/4" apart again.  It looked really neat and if I get time to find it I will take a picture.

RE: Christmas bowl - SpiderDave - 11-07-2018

Really nice bowl! I'd be proud of that.