Woodnet Forums
Grinder quit? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Grinder quit? (/showthread.php?tid=7344209)

Grinder quit? - Foggy - 11-08-2018

Side grinder quit. Not a big deal, only a $10 Harbor Fright so no great loss. I decided to see why it quit before tossing it so took it to the workshop. First check the motor brushes. Found the plastic brush retainer screws were loose. Tightened them up and grinder runs fine. 
Cool

RE: Grinder quit? - R Clark - 11-08-2018

Cool.

My cheapo $16 HF oscillating multi-tool came with spare brushes when I bought it.  It's never quit on me, so I haven't had a chance to use 'em.

RE: Grinder quit? - Stwood_ - 11-09-2018

(11-08-2018, 08:38 AM)Foggy Wrote: Side grinder quit. Not a big deal, only a $10 Harbor Fright so no great loss. I decided to see why it quit before tossing it so took it to the workshop. First check the motor brushes. Found the plastic brush retainer screws were loose. Tightened them up and grinder runs fine. 
Cool

I bought 2 of those about 15 years ago. I just now opened the second one up.

Decent grinders for being so cheap. And I've got extra brushes in the boxes also.
Laugh

RE: Grinder quit? - Mike in kc - 11-16-2018

Similar experience here.   

First is easily 20, and the second one's been setting on the shelf for maybe 5 years now.  The old one has been used at least once or twice a week, for ever it seems, but it just won't die!!