Woodnet Forums
frozen glue - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: frozen glue (/showthread.php?tid=7344311)

frozen glue - gear jammer - 11-12-2018

I carry a tray back and forth from the shop with wood glue, my finishes, stains, some paints,etc rather than trying to maintain heat in the shop.. I get it warm enough to work without gloves and be comfortable with a light jacket.

My titebond glue got missed on the way out and this morning it is half frozen. Pitch it and get new or can I thaw it and use it.

RE: frozen glue - FrankAtl - 11-12-2018

I'd pitch it. Getting new glue is a small price to pay versus a glue failure on project.

RE: frozen glue - Stwood_ - 11-12-2018

(11-12-2018, 11:20 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: I'd pitch it. Getting new glue is a small price to pay versus a glue failure on  project.

That's most likely the best route (I would also pitch it), but Titebond does have a life cycle of the number of times it can be froze and still be used. It's listed on their website.

RE: frozen glue - gear jammer - 11-12-2018

Pitched it and two new bottles sitting in the garage. Thanks

RE: frozen glue - Phil S. - 11-12-2018

(11-12-2018, 11:35 PM)gear jammer Wrote: Pitched it and two new bottles sitting in the garage. Thanks

Good move - cheap insurance.
Yes

RE: frozen glue - Arlin Eastman - 11-13-2018

(11-12-2018, 09:40 AM)gear jammer Wrote: I carry a tray back and forth from the shop with wood glue, my finishes, stains, some paints,etc rather than trying to maintain heat in the shop.. I get it warm enough to work without gloves and be comfortable with a light jacket.

My titebond glue got missed on the way out and this morning it is half frozen. Pitch it and get new or can I thaw it and use it.

If I could suggest getting a small or large fridge that does not work and keep your stuff in there.  Temps will not change very much.

Also on EBay a few years ago I got a 1500btu electronic osculating space heater that when set it will turn on and off to keep it at that temp.  It only cost $38 so it is well worth what I paid.  Last year when it was below 0 I set it at 55 and it kept it around that temp.
If you can keep the shop at 50 to 55 it will help to.