Woodnet Forums
Bosch Colt Router - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Bosch Colt Router (/showthread.php?tid=7344460)

Pages: 1 2

Bosch Colt Router - iublue - 11-19-2018

I am selling a little used Bosch Colt Router.  I only used it for some door hinges and a chair that I made.  I might as well get it to someone that can use it.  I even made a small substitute base so that I could use PC router guides.

It is selling on Amazon for $94 with free shipping.  

How about $50 plus shipping.

RE: Bosch Colt Router - Herb - 11-19-2018

I have sent you a question by pm.

RE: Bosch Colt Router - greenacres2 - 11-19-2018

I'm guessing that Herb is asking whether it is variable speed? If it is the VS version, i'd like to take my place in line behind him. Thanks.
earl

RE: Bosch Colt Router - Herb - 11-19-2018

(11-19-2018, 01:41 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: I'm guessing that Herb is asking whether it is variable speed?  If it is the VS version, i'd like to take my place in line behind him.  Thanks.
earl

I did not ask that question, but it would be nice to know. I asked for the shipping cost to see if it cost effective to buy.

RE: Bosch Colt Router - iublue - 11-20-2018

(11-19-2018, 01:41 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: I'm guessing that Herb is asking whether it is variable speed?  If it is the VS version, i'd like to take my place in line behind him.  Thanks.
earl

It is not variable speed.

RE: Bosch Colt Router - alanealane - 11-20-2018

An $18 router speed controller gives you the vs and still a good price

RE: Bosch Colt Router - BobW - 11-20-2018

I've never understood the utility of variable speed on a trim router like this.  The only time I use it is when spinning larger bits, which I seldom do on hand held routers, and certainly not on this little guy (my Colt is single speed, and I've never wished it was variable).  This is a good price if shipping isn't too high.

RE: Bosch Colt Router - FrankAtl - 11-21-2018

(11-20-2018, 08:00 PM)BobW Wrote: I've never understood the utility of variable speed on a trim router like this.  The only time I use it is when spinning larger bits, which I seldom do on hand held routers, and certainly not on this little guy (my Colt is single speed, and I've never wished it was variable).  This is a good price if shipping isn't too high.

Agreed. I've never needed variable speed control on a trim router. Love my little Colt!

RE: Bosch Colt Router - greenacres2 - 11-21-2018

Yeah, after i asked the question--i thought about it and don't think i've ever used that feature on the one i have. Still out of the running on this one--mostly because i'm out of money!!
earl

RE: Bosch Colt Router - museumguy - 11-21-2018

I used the variable speed to slow it down when routing aluminum. It worked well.