Woodnet Forums
WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw (/showthread.php?tid=7345092)

Pages: 1 2

WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw - JimV - 12-17-2018

Picked up a slightly abused mid-80's Unisaw over the weekend for no more than the effort to lift it into the pickup bed.

However, it has a Jetlock fence (no thanks) with a bent front rail.   I'm hoping someone within reasonable driving distance of NW New Jersey might have a fence they're looking to sell.

Thanks,

Jim

RE: WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw - Bob10 - 12-17-2018

If you lifted it into the bed that is a bad start
Laugh  moving blanket on gate tip onto it easy as leaning over to tie a shoe

RE: WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw - JimV - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 01:29 PM)Bob10 Wrote: If you lifted it into the bed that is a bad start
Laugh  moving blanket on gate tip onto it easy as leaning over to tie a shoe

Wasn't that bad....the table had already been removed.

RE: WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw - KLaz - 12-19-2018

I have an early 2000's 52" Unisaw that has a Biesemeyer fence and rails.  I've thought adding a Incra TS fence to it so mine could be available.

I'm in Indiana so it would have to be shipped

RE: WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw - ajkoontz - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 12:02 PM)KLaz Wrote: I have an early 2000's 52" Unisaw that has a Biesemeyer fence and rails.  I've thought adding a Incra TS fence to it so mine could be available.

If you decide to sell your fence (assuming shipping is a deal breaker with the person who posted), please let me know. I'm in central IN.

RE: WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw - JimV - 12-22-2018

(12-19-2018, 12:02 PM)KLaz Wrote: I have an early 2000's 52" Unisaw that has a Biesemeyer fence and rails.  I've thought adding a Incra TS fence to it so mine could be available.

depends what part of Indiana....I'm originally from Michigan and most of my family is still there, so I'm out that way somewhat regularly...may be able to do a drive-by. 
Smile

RE: WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw - Big Dave - 12-23-2018

I picked up a Beisemeyer fence from Closed For Business earlier this year. At the time, he had a few left yet to sell. I only bought the fence, though, without the rails, so I'm not sure if he's got the rails to o with it.

Either way, you might want to send him a PM to see what he's got...

Dave

RE: WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw - JDuke - 12-23-2018

Rails for beisemeyer aren’t difficult to build, just some angle and rectangular tubing, and a little metal work.

I had a 52” rail on my sawstop and made a 30” rail for temp use in my garage until my shop is built

In fact, very super cool tools had a tutorial on how to make. Your own fence head as well

RE: WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw - ChrisNYC - 01-07-2019

Jim-

Are you still looking for a fence? Where in NJ are you?

Send me a PM if you still need one.

Chris

RE: WTB - Unifence or Beisemeyer Fence for Unisaw - KLaz - 01-07-2019

(12-22-2018, 08:09 PM)JimV Wrote: depends what part of Indiana....I'm originally from Michigan and most of my family is still there, so I'm out that way somewhat regularly...may be able to do a drive-by. 
Smile

I was going to change to an Incra fence over the holidays with their 10% sale, but after weighing the pros and cons of the Incra system I'm going to stick with my Beisemeyer.

Good luck with your search

Kris