Woodnet Forums
Something I hadn't seen before - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Something I hadn't seen before (/showthread.php?tid=7346026)

Something I hadn't seen before - Bob10 - 01-27-2019

The video caught my attention for my daughter's GS troop but at about 10:30 in I got a bit of surprise I think might make a few of you smile.  It starting out as a palette doesn't really have anything to what I am talking about

RE: Something I hadn't seen before - Stwood_ - 01-28-2019

Hmmmm. Table saw and also a miter saw.

RE: Something I hadn't seen before - Bob10 - 01-28-2019

(01-28-2019, 12:02 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Hmmmm. Table saw and also a miter saw.

I thought turning the dowel with a drill and skateboard wheel was a pretty good use of what you have on hand to get stuff done

RE: Something I hadn't seen before - gear jammer - 01-28-2019

I'd like to know what he uses to transfer the images onto the boards..  Also I have never seen a miter saw table saw like that. It would make sense in a small space.

RE: Something I hadn't seen before - Rodneywt1180b - 01-28-2019

Those combo saws seem pretty popular in Europe.  I'm not sure why they're not offered here-at least I haven't run across any.
I'd like to know more about the transfer method too.

RE: Something I hadn't seen before - MsNomer - 01-28-2019

(01-28-2019, 09:45 AM)gear jammer Wrote: I'd like to know what he uses to transfer the images onto the boards..  Also I have never seen a miter saw table saw like that. It would make sense in a small space.

Make a copy on the copy machine.  Place it face-down on the wood and secure it.  (This means image will be reversed, so plan for that.)  Soak with acetone and rub carefully without moving the paper.  A credit card works well for rubbing.

IIRC, I bought my first can of acetone for this after learning the trick—here, of course.

RE: Something I hadn't seen before - Arlin Eastman - 01-28-2019

I have done this one before

And this one

RE: Something I hadn't seen before - Grey Mountain - 01-29-2019

He is (GASP!) WEARING GLOVES!!!
He'l poke his eye out with those things.

GM