Woodnet Forums
looking for New RO sander - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: looking for New RO sander (/showthread.php?tid=7346398)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

looking for New RO sander - Dark Thunder - 02-12-2019

I am looking for a new RO sander I have a Milwaukee right now.  Every time i use it ( sometimes only 1 hours use) i have to replace the brake pad so the sanding pad dose not spin  at a high rate of speed.   Are there any sanders out there that uses a different breaking system.  Im tired of the high price of consumables for this sander to keep running.

RE: looking for New RO sander - jteneyck - 02-12-2019

IMHO the best bang for your buck in a low vibration sander is the Bosch ROS65VC.  About half the price of anything else in its class.  I've been using one for about 4 or 5 years now with absolutely no issues.  

John

RE: looking for New RO sander - SteveS - 02-12-2019

My preference is for the Bosch variable speed sanders. I've owned two of the 5" disc models and they work quite well.

RE: looking for New RO sander - fredhargis - 02-13-2019

You probably don't need another endorsement, but I also favor the Bosch brand.

RE: looking for New RO sander - shoottmx - 02-13-2019

Bosch. 2 3 4 5 6 7

g

RE: looking for New RO sander - Cooler - 02-13-2019

I have a Rigid from Home Depot.  Inexpensive.  Impressive dust collection and on the highest setting, very agressive stock removal.

My only complaints are that the "soft start" takes so long that I wonder if it is actually on (probably approaching a full second to start).  And the disc seems to run forever after I turn it off.  I usually  use a piece of wood to stop the disc.

I would buy it again.  It has proved to be reliable and aggressive on the high setting (which I  would rarely use as it is too aggressive).  The dust collection will also attach directly to the shop vac.

RE: looking for New RO sander - CARYinWA - 02-13-2019

A friend of mine has a Bosch 3725 (5")and I am not impressed.  I have a Makita BO6030 (6")that I love.

RE: looking for New RO sander - jteneyck - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 01:31 PM)CARYinWA Wrote: A friend of mine has a Bosch 3725 (5")and I am not impressed.  I have a Makita BO6030 (6")that I love.

The Bosch 3725 is a consumer grade sander, probably OK for occasional light duty use.  The Makita B06030 looks to be a significant step up; no wonder you like it better.  But the Bosch ROS65VC is another step up from there.  You can buy it with a 5" or 6" pad, or buy the kit that contains both.  I have both, but use the 6" unless the sanding media I want to use is available only in 5".   

John

RE: looking for New RO sander - oakey - 02-13-2019

another happy Bosch user i have the ROS20VSC it connects to a vac or has its own filter
i have three others but i like the Bosch the best and it is relatively inexpensive around 60 or 70 dollars or less on sale
also have a porter cable ' makita and a Hitachi
even though i paid a lot more for the makita i mostly just use the Bosch it is smooth and has good dust collection and fits my hand the best

RE: looking for New RO sander - Lumber Yard® - 02-13-2019

WTF almost 24 hours in and nobody has suggested Festool??? OK I'll be the Festool snob and say go with the green. Festool ETS 150/3 for the win. LOL

Seriously, though it depends on your budget and what you are using it for. Whether dust collection is important, etc. etc. I've really gotten to like a 6" ROS over a 5" even though I own both. Most of the major brands have decent offerings on upper side of their line-ups. I know the Bosch listed above has gotten pretty solid reviews.