Woodnet Forums
Jointer Question - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Jointer Question (/showthread.php?tid=7346646)

Pages: 1 2

Jointer Question - dwg - 02-23-2019

Would the nick in the outfeed table of this jointer cause problems...would it be a deal breaker in purchasing it?  
Thanks
[Image: 00k0k_b9nHhfPjCcs_600x450.jpg]

RE: Jointer Question - Tapper - 02-24-2019

(02-23-2019, 11:45 PM)dwg Wrote: Would the nick in the outfeed table of this jointer cause problems...would it be a deal breaker in purchasing it?  
Thanks
[Image: 00k0k_b9nHhfPjCcs_600x450.jpg]

Hard to say, never having used one with that kind of damage. Have to wonder how that happened? Were it me, I'd keep looking. Gotta be better used jointers out there for probably close to the same money.

Doug

RE: Jointer Question - med-one - 02-24-2019

I'd take a pass and keep looking. It might be an issue when you try and sell it later on.

RE: Jointer Question - Strokes77 - 02-24-2019

That issue would not affect jointing during regular use.  Assuming there was no damage to the cutter head when that chip was created.

However, looking at the picture again. Make sure you factor in that it has wooden base, not the factory base. How is the motor mounted? Also, looks like the blade guard is malfunctioning, or the spring is sprung, or not installed correctly.

Given the picture. I'd be looking around the $50-75 range in the market I'm in. Much more than that and it would be a hard pass for me.

RE: Jointer Question - MichaelMouse - 02-24-2019

(02-23-2019, 11:45 PM)dwg Wrote: Would the nick in the outfeed table of this jointer cause problems...would it be a deal breaker in purchasing it?  
Thanks

How cheap?  You could certainly have it brazed to repair it, but first check the market, as others have said.

RE: Jointer Question - fredhargis - 02-24-2019

Don't have an opinion on the deal breaker part, but it should still be quite usable. If you find the wood is getting snagged a little on the chip, just round it off slightly with a file or grinder.

RE: Jointer Question - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 02-24-2019

Nope. It'll work just fine.

My 125+ year old jointer has chewed up beds, too.

RE: Jointer Question - Mike in kc - 02-24-2019

I agree with Fred and Mac, shouldn't be a problem.   If you're worried about resale, then don't entertain having hobbies.

RE: Jointer Question - Stwood_ - 02-24-2019

(02-24-2019, 10:01 AM)Mike in kc Wrote: I agree with Fred and Mac, shouldn't be a problem.   If you're worried about resale, then don't entertain having hobbies.

+1

And see whats up with the pork chop.

RE: Jointer Question - Tapper - 02-24-2019

What is the asking price on this jointer?

Doug