Woodnet Forums
After-Market Jumbo Jaws - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: After-Market Jumbo Jaws (/showthread.php?tid=7346736)

After-Market Jumbo Jaws - Bill Holt - 02-28-2019

I have the Oneway Talon chuck and the Mini Jumbo Jaws which have 8-1/2" capacity.  I really need larger jaws; is anyone aware of a larger after-market jaw?  I have the Longworth style chuck but it simply does not have the holding power of jaws.

Many years ago I got a heck of a deal on the Talon and have most of the appropriate jaws.  Money is not yet being harvested from our trees so I do not want to go for a larger chuck and all of the cost associated with the additional jaws.

Here's hoping the brain trust has the answer I want to hear.

RE: After-Market Jumbo Jaws - Arlin Eastman - 02-28-2019

Bill

Sorry to say I just do not remember where I seen them.  I subscribe to several catalogs and thinking it was either  Packard, Craft supplies, Klingspor's, or maybe Ron Brown, again I just do not remember.  Sorry buddy

RE: After-Market Jumbo Jaws - Wildwood - 03-01-2019

Have you ever thought about making yourself a donut or jam chuck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZoCxa-050E

Have used both donut and jam chucks both easy to make.

RE: After-Market Jumbo Jaws - pinky - 03-01-2019

I made extensions out of plywood. Someday I'll replace with steel but these work for now.[attachment=16987]

RE: After-Market Jumbo Jaws - ProfAlan - 03-01-2019

(02-28-2019, 11:37 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: I have the Oneway Talon chuck and the Mini Jumbo Jaws which have 8-1/2" capacity.  I really need larger jaws; is anyone aware of a larger after-market jaw?  I have the Longworth style chuck but it simply does not have the holding power of jaws.

Many years ago I got a heck of a deal on the Talon and have most of the appropriate jaws.  Money is not yet being harvested from our trees so I do not want to go for a larger chuck and all of the cost associated with the additional jaws.

Here's hoping the brain trust has the answer I want to hear.

I use the Oneway flat jaws and attach plywood or hardwood to make the jaws any size I need.  Here is a link to an old thread by Bob Hamilton that discusses using those jaws  Bob Hamilton Thread

Alan

RE: After-Market Jumbo Jaws - Bill Holt - 03-01-2019

Thank you guys for the ideas.