Woodnet Forums
Pen Kits - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Pen Kits (/showthread.php?tid=7346922)

Pen Kits - Belle City Woodworking - 03-09-2019

No longer available........

RE: Pen Kits - Arlin Eastman - 03-10-2019

(03-09-2019, 12:35 PM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: No longer available........

????????..............

RE: Pen Kits - Rod Torgeson - 03-11-2019

(03-09-2019, 12:35 PM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: No longer available........
I just got a 100 pen kits from Penn State and according to their catalog they have many more.

RE: Pen Kits - Gary G™ - 03-11-2019

He’s referring to his S&S ad for 3 kits.

RE: Pen Kits - Arlin Eastman - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 03:06 PM)Rod Torgeson Wrote: I just got a 100 pen kits from Penn State and according to their catalog they have many more.

I just seen in S&S he sold three pen kits.   They were the $40 kits and something I could never afford nor have I ever turned but one fountain pen and at the price I would hate to mess one up.

Hope to see the buyer post what he made OK Earl..
Yes
Yes

RE: Pen Kits - greenacres2 - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 05:17 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I just seen in S&S he sold three pen kits.   They were the $40 kits and something I could never afford nor have I ever turned but one fountain pen and at the price I would hate to mess one up.

Hope to see the buyer post what he made OK Earl..
Yes
Yes

You got it Arlin!!  Actually--the turning part is the same regardless the hardware.  The blank selection and finishing is kicked up a notch.  I've got a small group of folks who like fountains so we move one here and there.  
earl

RE: Pen Kits - greenacres2 - 03-17-2019

Arlin,

Finally had a chance to get a few pens turned this weekend.  Attached is one of John's Majestic fountain pen kits--dressed in Acacia Concinna.  To provide a perspective of size, i added a shot of it in a group--but when writing with the cap removed that full sized pen is actually rather comfortable.  And my hands are not unusually large.
earl

RE: Pen Kits - Arlin Eastman - 03-17-2019

I think you did a swell job there Earl

Of all of them I like the two middle ones the most.  It looks like two different colors on the pen metals and the wood makes it that much nicer.

RE: Pen Kits - greenacres2 - 03-18-2019

Thanks Arlin. Left to right, the woods are pre-1970 rosewood, acacia concinna, box elder burl (blue dye/stabilized), Amboyna burl with sap wood, cocobolo with sap wood. The white one is a standard plastic freebie.
earl