Woodnet Forums
Powder room/ half bath - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Powder room/ half bath (/showthread.php?tid=7346979)

Pages: 1 2

Powder room/ half bath - Cooler - 03-12-2019

I just completed the full-gut remodel of a hallway half bath.  

I am generally very happy with the work, though I am probably going to re-make the medicine cabinet.

Question:  

A friend suggested I put a robe hook on the inside of the door.  It makes little sense to me as there is no bath or shower there.  It is an easy upgrade if it makes sense.

Any thoughts?

RE: Powder room/ half bath - Robert Adams - 03-12-2019

No need for one and would look odd.

RE: Powder room/ half bath - cams2705 - 03-12-2019

The only thought I have is if there are a fair number of users of that half-bath who go in wearing a coat/sweater/jacket/etc.  Having nowhere to hang that up while using the facilities could be an issue or concern.

RE: Powder room/ half bath - Robert Adams - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 12:59 PM)cams2705 Wrote: The only thought I have is if there are a fair number of users of that half-bath who go in wearing a coat/sweater/jacket/etc.  Having nowhere to hang that up while using the facilities could be an issue or concern.

True but he is also in TX (IIRC) like me where winter only exists for a few days of the year...  And usually with a half bath you would have already taken off your jacket etc before walking in as there isn't room to take a jacket off.

RE: Powder room/ half bath - Cooler - 03-12-2019

I bought the hook last week, but have been waffling on whether to put in the two screws.  

The only situation I could think of is if a guest wore a bathrobe to the bathroom and then needed to sit on the toilet.  Then the bathrobe becomes an issue.  

But I kind of think the hook would look stupid in a half bath.  

Undecided.

At this point the money has been spent, and the effort required is minimal.  I only have to decide if it is a good idea.

RE: Powder room/ half bath - KC - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 03:06 PM)Cooler Wrote: I bought the hook last week, but have been waffling on whether to put in the two screws.  

The only situation I could think of is if a guest wore a bathrobe to the bathroom and then needed to sit on the toilet.  Then the bathrobe becomes an issue.  

But I kind of think the hook would look stupid in a half bath.  

Undecided.

At this point the money has been spent, and the effort required is minimal.  I only have to decide if it is a good idea.

Probably not necessary, but it's certainly not going to hurt anything.  I'm not at all sure I'd put it on the door, tho.  Wall by the door would seem better to me if you're gonna do it.

RE: Powder room/ half bath - Stwood_ - 03-12-2019

Get one of the hooks that hang on *top* of the door, no screws required.
If they/you/whoever doesn't like it later on, lift it off. No screw holes to fill.

RE: Powder room/ half bath - Cooler - 03-13-2019

Thanks for the replies.  I will probably waffle for long enough to forget about the entire problem. 
Big Grin

RE: Powder room/ half bath - KC - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 08:56 AM)Cooler Wrote: Thanks for the replies.  I will probably waffle for long enough to forget about the entire problem. 
Big Grin

Laugh 

That's worked for me about twice in 30 years.  
Angry

RE: Powder room/ half bath - Cdshakes - 03-14-2019

I kept reading it over again to see if there was some sort of logistics issue... if it's just whether you'll use it or not, put it up, if it doesn't get used, is that a bad thing?  Like who cares?  There's a hook that's not being used...?  
Now if it's causing some sort of other problem, that's a different story (hook is putting a hole in the wall...etc)

Colin