Woodnet Forums
Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: I'm a Creditor - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: I'm a Creditor (/showthread.php?tid=7347138)

Pages: 1 2 3

Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: I'm a Creditor - Philip1231 - 03-18-2019

So did anyone else get the "Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case" letter for the F+W media bankruptcy?
I am trying to figure out if its just routinely sent to all magazine subscribers or if its due to PWW owing me $50 for a "Tips and Tricks" article that I submitted and they accepted.

RE: Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy - hbmcc - 03-18-2019

I think you have the honor of being in the long line of creditors.

I wonder about Lee Valley's investment? However, noticed a paucity of their ads in recent issues......

RE: Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy - Bill_Houghton - 03-18-2019

I don't have one yet.

RE: Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy - Bob Lang - 03-18-2019

(03-18-2019, 01:12 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: So did anyone else get the "Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case" letter for the F+W media bankruptcy?
I am trying to figure out if its just routinely sent to all magazine subscribers or if its due to PWW owing me $50 for a "Tips and Tricks" article that I submitted and they accepted.

Sounds like you're on the official list of creditors, more info is in the other Pop Wood thread.

RE: Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy - Handplanesandmore - 03-18-2019

PW will join AW unless someone picks it up ... that would be a risky investment in this era.

PW has stopped publishing Trade of Tricks under the current editorial team.

Simon

RE: Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy - Bill_Houghton - 03-18-2019

(03-18-2019, 02:02 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: PW has stopped publishing Trade of Tricks under the current editorial team.

Simon
And Tricks of the Trade, too.  Trade of Tricks sounds like something shady women would do to avoid income taxes.

RE: Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy - Handplanesandmore - 03-18-2019

(03-18-2019, 02:56 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: And Tricks of the Trade, too.  Trade of Tricks sounds like something shady women would do to avoid income taxes.

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Big Grin

RE: Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: I'm a Creditor - Philip1231 - 03-18-2019

May be time to hire a high powered attorney specializing in woodworking cases. I guess I will have to split the spoils of this case, so its worth $25 to any legal beagle that is up to the challenge. Stay tuned.

RE: Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: I'm a Creditor - Handplanesandmore - 03-18-2019

(03-18-2019, 03:30 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: May be time to hire a high powered attorney specializing in woodworking cases.  I guess I will have to split the spoils of this case, so its worth $25 to any legal beagle that is up to the challenge.  Stay tuned.

Save the $25...find a pro bono attorney
Winkgrin 

The first pages I browsed in a PW issues were the Tricks of the Trade. They were the only thing that, to me, could compare to FW (which in recent years has produced some lousy shop tips).

Simon

RE: Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: I'm a Creditor - Admiral - 03-18-2019

Very easy, here's the Proof of Claim form:

https://www.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/form_b_410_16.pdf

You can get the case number and name information from the link in the original thread here on that topic.