Woodnet Forums
Best tool money you've spent - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Best tool money you've spent (/showthread.php?tid=7347616)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Best tool money you've spent - Ray Newman - 04-23-2019

A specific tool would be a difficult choice for me to make as lately it seems that every time I use a tool, I think: "Glad I bought this!"

RE: Best tool money you've spent - MstrCarpenter - 04-23-2019

$137.50 for a 36" Crescent band saw. That was half of a two tool $275.00 deal. The other half was a Unisaw with a King E-Z stock feeder.
I'd been looking and asking for a deal on a Uni for months. I got a tip a few weeks after I bought one for $500 but couldn't pass on this deal. Thanks Woodnet!

RE: Best tool money you've spent - Pirate - 04-25-2019

Best money ever spent on a machine? Very hard to say. You tell me. Maybe a vote.
1946 unisaw $250
2- Biesemeyer fences, with rails $2. for both! Last day garage sale. Anything $1.
Delta 14" band saw with riser  $65
Powermatic PM50 jointer, with solid carbide knives  $180
Dewalt 7790 12" ras  (stored after 1 yr old)  $100
Craftsman 100 stand up dp  $75
Delta Invicta 13" stationary planer $100
Shopsmith 10ER with jig saw, 3" planer attachment, and lathe chisels   $100

RE: Best tool money you've spent - MichaelS - 04-25-2019

My subscriptions to a number of magazines and forums where I've researched the hell out of new purchases. I've avoided a number of lemons from the experience of great folks like yourselves and also made sure to 'buy once, cry once' on some particular fantastic tools.

As to specifics... I still smile when I turn on my MM16 BS, though it wasn't purchased at a discount, when I use my LV low angle block, or one of my ashley isles chisels.

There are a lot of great tools that help me do work and I owe the good folks of this forum either thanks or curses for helping me spend money
Wink wisely.

Michael

RE: Best tool money you've spent - Bob Vaughan - 04-29-2019

$250.00 for a Hammond glider.  Had to modify it for woodworking, but it was worth it tenfold.