Woodnet Forums
free books - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: free books (/showthread.php?tid=7347684)

free books - deeno - 04-13-2019

I have a couple of free books you pay for shipping.  I was planning of putting them in a flat rate box ($14?).   If you know of a cheaper way to get it to you or local pickup - Im in Michigan.

RE: free books - alanealane - 04-13-2019

Good on you. That's very generous

RE: free books - deeno - 04-15-2019

(04-13-2019, 07:29 PM)deeno Wrote: I have a couple of free books you pay for shipping.  I was planning of putting them in a flat rate box ($14?).   If you know of a cheaper way to get it to you or local pickup - Im in Michigan.

All, looks like there is no interest.   Taking this off the table as I will be dropping off a bunch of items to the local goodwill and include these books.  Thanks.

RE: free books - Arlin Eastman - 04-15-2019

If I could encourage you to donate them to your local VA.  That is what I do with triplicate magazines and dup books.

I can not afford the postage or I would get them and take them to my VA.  I already have two of the books.

RE: free books - Jack01 - 04-15-2019

(04-15-2019, 11:41 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: If I could encourage you to donate them to your local VA.  That is what I do with triplicate magazines and dup books.

I can not afford the postage or I would get them and take them to my VA.  I already have two of the books.

Arlin

How can I find local VA organizations?
Specially who has wood working?

I have some items I can donate

RE: free books - Jack01 - 04-15-2019

(04-15-2019, 10:02 AM)deeno Wrote: All, looks like there is no interest.   Taking this off the table as I will be dropping off a bunch of items to the local goodwill and include these books.  Thanks.

These are books, you can ship USPS  media mail, which will be about $ 6.00
It is based on weight and size.

RE: free books - Arlin Eastman - 04-16-2019

(04-15-2019, 03:59 PM)Jack01 Wrote: Arlin

How can I find local VA organizations?
Specially who has wood working?

I have some items I can donate

Jack

That is pretty easy for you in Denver since it has several Air Force Bases and a Army Fort Carson.  Just look in the phone book under county and go to the "V".  There is also Ft Simmons hospital which is for military to.

Denver is where I Joined the military and grew up in Evergreen. 
Yes
Yes
Yes   Loved growing up in the mountains.

RE: free books - adambeaudoin - 04-26-2019

I'd love the sculpture book if it's available. Will gladly pay the media mail rate!