Woodnet Forums
Free Turning Blanks - Thousand Oaks, CA - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Free Turning Blanks - Thousand Oaks, CA (/showthread.php?tid=7347686)

Free Turning Blanks - Thousand Oaks, CA - jcredding - 04-13-2019

A tree trimmer dropped off a load of ash some time ago, and it’s never quite made its way to the lathe. Due to checking and the warm weather, I decided to process blanks ranging from 5” - 12” diameter and 2” - 6” thick, so you’ll be stuck with dimensions as they are. There are probably 100+ at this point and am offering free to anyone who would like some and is in the area - they’re good for practice if nothing else. I travel a ton for work (only have 8 days home in March / April) so just not prepared to spend the time needed for packing and shipping. If interested in some, feel free to reach out and come get some. While I will be holding back some for me, thought I would start here and then the remaining will go to the local high school as practice material. This is all still green and the curls fly off.

I also have a number of olive in the 4” - 7” diameter size that are also available though they are in log / branch form (long enough to leave as is) - free as well.

John

RE: Free Turning Blanks - Thousand Oaks, CA - Arlin Eastman - 04-14-2019

(04-13-2019, 08:38 PM)jcredding Wrote: A tree trimmer dropped off a load of ash some time ago, and it’s never quite made its way to the lathe.  Due to checking and the warm weather, I decided to process blanks ranging from 5” - 12” diameter and 2” - 6” thick, so you’ll be stuck with dimensions as they are.  There are probably 100+ at this point and am offering free to anyone who would like some and is in the area - they’re good for practice if nothing else.  I travel a ton for work (only have 8 days home in March / April) so just not prepared to spend the time needed for packing and shipping.   If interested in some, feel free to reach out and come get some.  While I will be holding back some for me, thought I would start here and then the remaining will go to the local high school as practice material.  This is all still green and the curls fly off.

I also have a number of olive in the 4” - 7” diameter size that are also available though they are in log / branch form (long enough to leave as is) - free as well.

John

John

Can you tell me how much it would cost to ship some olive wood to me.  Just send me a PM.  I would love to get us some vase and bowl stuff.