Woodnet Forums
80” x 6” sanding belts - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: 80” x 6” sanding belts (/showthread.php?tid=7348145)

Pages: 1 2

80” x 6” sanding belts - EightFingers - 05-10-2019

Need to buy a couple, my current ones are pulling apart. I looked at the Shopfox ones on Amazon and while the price looks good, the reviews aren’t, mostly saying the seams are too pronounced.
Klingspor is out of the question as the shipping is too high, hence Amazon.
Any suggestions?, experiences?

RE: 80” x 6” sanding belts - KC - 05-10-2019

(05-10-2019, 02:06 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Need to buy a couple, my current ones are pulling apart. I looked at the Shopfox ones on Amazon and while the price looks good, the reviews aren’t, mostly saying the seams are too pronounced.

Pay the shipping.

RE: 80” x 6” sanding belts - Woodshop - 05-10-2019

(05-10-2019, 02:06 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Need to buy a couple, my current ones are pulling apart. I looked at the Shopfox ones on Amazon and while the price looks good, the reviews aren’t, mostly saying the seams are too pronounced.

I use Industrial abrasives. Better than shopfox. you can call the # and request less then the dozen I usually get 3 and 3 free. Never had one come apart and have a smooth joint. great price too.

RE: 80” x 6” sanding belts - Arlin Eastman - 05-10-2019

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Woodstock-6-x-80-A-O-Sanding-Belt-80-Grit-2-pk-/D1264

RE: 80” x 6” sanding belts - opticsguy - 05-10-2019

Have had my grizzly sander for more than 25 years and always have used their sanding belts.  No problems with the seams and they are very good.  Of course I have never tried another brand so what do I know?   Oh, and I use my sander every every day and I am just a hobbyist.  

Nuff said . . . .

RE: 80” x 6” sanding belts - Woodshop - 05-11-2019

(05-10-2019, 08:19 PM)opticsguy Wrote: Have had my grizzly sander for more than 25 years and always have used their sanding belts.  No problems with the seams and they are very good.  Of course I have never tried another brand so what do I know?   Oh, and I use my sander every every day and I am just a hobbyist.  

Nuff said . . . .

I did too,
but then I bought a butt joint belt and found how smooth the belt runs. As far as I know Grizzly and Shop Fox are Lap joint belts  This might have changed, I haven't bought any from them for years.  They don't state what they are.

RE: 80” x 6” sanding belts - daddo - 05-11-2019

After using Norton's Ceramic belts, I never looked back. Can't seem to wear them out and they run a lot cooler.

I do mostly metal with them though.

RE: 80” x 6” sanding belts - handi - 05-12-2019

I buy my sanding stuff from 2Sand.com

Prices are right, service is great. 
They do not list an 80” by 6” belt, but they will custom make any size you need.

RE: 80” x 6” sanding belts - Stwood_ - 05-12-2019

Seems I remember 80x6 being specific to Grizzly and Shopfox only.

RE: 80” x 6” sanding belts - museumguy - 05-12-2019

https://www.industrialabrasives.com/6-x-80-everlast-aluminum-oxide-sanding-belts-00120-p-483.html

I've used their belts several times, high quality