Woodnet Forums
dog urn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: dog urn (/showthread.php?tid=7348267)

dog urn - chips ahoy - 05-17-2019

I have been teaching my neighbor to turn.He had to put his min pin down so wanted to make an urn for it.I brought him over to my shop,gave him some wood and told him to design and turn it,but I would help him.He used maple,for the main body and burnt it and brushed off the burnt parts.The cap is walnut.The finish is spray lacquer.He is very happy with it.

Mel

RE: dog urn - packerguy® - 05-17-2019

(05-17-2019, 04:17 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: I have been teaching my neighbor to turn.He had to put his min pin down so wanted to make an urn for it.I brought him over to my shop,gave him some wood and told him to design and turn it,but I would help him.He used maple,for the main body and burnt it and brushed off the burnt parts.The cap is walnut.The finish is spray lacquer.He is very happy with it.

Mel

Cool

RE: dog urn - chips ahoy - 05-17-2019

Sorry but should have made it clear,a min pin is a miniature doberman pincer.The burning process on the maple is a Japanese idea called Shou sugi ban.

Mel

RE: dog urn - Big Dave - 05-18-2019

Nicely done...

This 17 character rule is a pita...

RE: dog urn - chips ahoy - 05-18-2019

Thanks for the compliments.He is learning well,I just supervised and offered advise.He is very happy with it,he is placing the urn on his night table so his dog will be close to him.His wife does wood burning so she burnt in the name.

Mel

RE: dog urn - Arlin Eastman - 05-19-2019

Tell him sorry for he Pup but great having both of you work together.
Yes
Yes   Thanks for helping him out buddy.