Woodnet Forums
Cabinets - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Cabinets (/showthread.php?tid=7348369)

Cabinets - KC - 05-23-2019

Upper cabinets are ready to haul to Nebraska this weekend.  Birch ply and QSWO MDF core boxes, birch ply shelves, bead board (sheet)  back.  3 to 1 mix of Minwax Golden Oak and Red Mahogany stain, Sherwin Williams Dull Rubbed Effect lacquer.  Door panels are double 1/4" QSWO MDF core laminated, glass panels sprayed with Rustoleum frost.  Simple bullnose trim at the bottom, some in place now, the rest after they're hung.  I'll work similar bullnose into a ceiling transition.  Height of these is 38" (short ceiling).  Simple 'L' layout.  Over fridge is 24" deep, corner and over the range are 15", three single 18" and one 36".

I'm not a big fan of oak, but some of the figure is striking.  Pulls are low on purpose for my short bride, but probably should've been a little higher.  Which (of course) she decided after I'd drilled all the holes. 
No 

Overall, I think I can look at them for the rest of my life.  
Yes   

[attachment=18553]

RE: Cabinets - Stwood_ - 05-23-2019

Very striking. I like the look

RE: Cabinets - Turner52 - 05-23-2019

Beautiful cabinets. The doors are striking.

RE: Cabinets - GNP - 05-23-2019

I'm not a fan of flat sawn oak, but love the look of quarter sawn. I would be happy to have those in my home. Great looking cabs.

RE: Cabinets - fredhargis - 05-24-2019

Well done. Like GNP, I'm not much on flat sawn, but love the QS oak.

RE: Cabinets - Gary G™ - 05-24-2019

You did a great job—those will work!

RE: Cabinets - joe1086 - 05-24-2019

Those look great - I'll bet you spent a lot of time working out the best layouts with all that grain movement.

Striking.

RE: Cabinets - KC - 05-24-2019

(05-24-2019, 08:05 AM)joe1086 Wrote: Those look great - I'll bet you spent a lot of time working out the best layouts with all that grain movement.

Striking.

Thanks for the comments.  
Yes 

The only effort I made as to layout was to put the face with the most figure 'up'.  
Laugh

RE: Cabinets - shoottmx - 05-24-2019

Absolutely striking lumberand outstanding execution! Great work,

g

RE: Cabinets - Arlin Eastman - 05-24-2019

I love them.

If you are close to Omaha PLEASE come and see me.