Woodnet Forums
If you have a Bosch dishwasher and it won't fill.... - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: If you have a Bosch dishwasher and it won't fill.... (/showthread.php?tid=7348709)

If you have a Bosch dishwasher and it won't fill.... - Dumb_Polack - 06-10-2019

...it might simply need to be reset.

Backstory:  Early last week it started to run but we noticed it wasn't filling.  The Googler said it might be the water inlet valve.  So I ordered one from Reparclinic.com  (great site, BTW).  I installed it but we got the same results....we could hear the motor running but no water was coming in.  Did another Google search and came across this site:

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/troubleshoot-bosch-dishwasher-doesnt-fill-water-80257.html

and under the Cycle Interruption section it mentions how to reset the cycle.   Yup, that did it.  Oh well, the water inlet value was only $60.  

What steams me a little bit was that the installation/instruction manual didn't have a Troubleshooting area where they could have mentioned how to reset the cycle.

RE: If you have a Bosch dishwasher and it won't fill.... - PedroOhare - 06-10-2019

I have learned (the hard way) to always search/google for ways to solve problems before I start ordering parts. It is amazin how much stuff is out there even on You Tube that is relevant to your problem and provides an easy fix.

Pedro

RE: If you have a Bosch dishwasher and it won't fill.... - chips ahoy - 06-10-2019

I've got some dirty dishes I can send you to fill it,if that would help.

Mel

RE: If you have a Bosch dishwasher and it won't fill.... - FireWood - 06-13-2019

(06-10-2019, 03:27 PM)PedroOhare Wrote: I have learned (the hard way) to always search/google for ways to solve problems before I start ordering parts. It is amazin how much stuff is out there even on You Tube that is relevant to your problem and provides an easy fix.

Pedro

If it has a power cord or a battery, step one is to power it down completely and then turn it back on again.

step two is to google the problem!