Woodnet Forums
W5 for sale - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: W5 for sale (/showthread.php?tid=7348742)

W5 for sale - jasfrank - 06-12-2019

This is a Stanley Bedrock 605 in Winchester clothes. Nice condition and has the bones for a great restore. I picked it up at a yard sale, but just don't need another 5 or another "brand" of plane to collect. If you would like any other pictures just ask. Also, I am not sure how to get these pictures to post right side up, my apologies for that. —- Sold —-
[attachment=18829][attachment=18830][attachment=18831][attachment=18831][attachment=18832][attachment=18833][attachment=18834][attachment=18835][attachment=18836][attachment=18837]

RE: W5 for sale - Carl Grover - 06-13-2019

Wow, that thing went so fast I didn't even see the price for it.

carl

RE: W5 for sale - ajkoontz - 06-13-2019

(06-13-2019, 05:28 AM)Carl Grover Wrote: Wow, that thing went so fast I didn't even see the price for it.

carl

$85. I'm regretting not jumping on it. Someone got a nice plane at a nice price.

RE: W5 for sale - jasfrank - 06-13-2019

85 was the price. AJ is right, nice plane at a fair price. I have seen a lot of planes through the years and that W5 is much rarer to find than a 605. Especially in good condition. It’s headed to a good home!

RE: W5 for sale - fredhargis - 06-13-2019

I thought long and hard about it when it first showed up. But I wanted it for the Winchester name, as opposed to any need for another #5 (I'm also an avid shooter). What really had my attention was that it seemed to be an intact W5....not a collection of parts. I passed in the end, but only because I have a W4 that sits on a shelf.

RE: W5 for sale - jasfrank - 06-13-2019

Yes its not a parted up deal. Im pretty sure its original but had been cleaned up somewhat. Where I bought it he had a few planes out for sale and they were all cleaned up about the same. Handles appeared oiled up and not a lot of rust or pitting to be seen on any. No repainting or anything though. I assumed the owner just took care of them. Unfortunately he wasnt there and his wife was selling them. I have a Winchester spokeshave here too that Ive had for quite some time. Its also a Stanley product. I enjoy shooting also but Ive never really been a Winchester fan. I do have a nice Super X model 1 and a couple more of them but Now if Remington had their name on some planes I might perk up.

RE: W5 for sale - Martin S. - 06-13-2019

(06-13-2019, 07:54 AM)jasfrank Wrote: 85 was the price. AJ is right, nice plane at a fair price. I have seen a lot of planes through the years and that W5 is much rarer to find than a 605.  Especially in good condition. It’s headed to a good home!

I suck.
Laugh  

It will fill a hole in my collection of W planes.

I need to take inventory.  I think I may need a couple corrugated ones, but I am close to having one of each.

The corrugated planes are harder to find.