Woodnet Forums
Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking (/showthread.php?tid=7348911)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking - handi - 07-02-2019

(06-27-2019, 09:54 PM)Mark A Smith Wrote: Great. Thanks.
Good humble brag too! Lol

RE: Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking - DFJarvie - 07-03-2019

I watched the show Saturday and it looked like a repeat but the name was changed to Classic WWing. The show was a small ash cabinet.

RE: Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking - handi - 07-20-2019

Update from Thomas MacLaughlin:

I had a nice chat with him and his wife at the Fine Woodworking reception at AWFS.He said that the name change forced a rework of a lot that had already been shot for the next season, but there will be new episodes soon.

Nice guy, very approachable. I was glad to meet him.

RE: Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking - Terry W - 07-22-2019

I'm looking forward to it's return, whatever they decide to call it. It was a nice balance of fine woodworking and approachable projects.

RE: Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking - Mark A Smith - 07-22-2019

Handi, thanks for the information. Hope it will be ready for the fall season.

RE: Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking - mvflaim - 07-23-2019

(07-22-2019, 06:17 PM)Mark A Smith Wrote: Handi, thanks for the information. Hope it will be ready for the fall season.

Out of curiosity, is this and The American Woodshop the only woodworking shows left on PBS?

RE: Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking - R Clark - 07-24-2019

(07-23-2019, 08:09 PM)mvflaim Wrote: Out of curiosity, is this and The American Woodshop the only woodworking shows left on PBS?

The other two that I know of are the Woodsmith Shop and the Woodwright's Shop.  I can see all four shows regularly in my area.

RE: Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking - AHill - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 06:05 AM)WxMan Wrote: The other two that I know of are the Woodsmith Shop and the Woodwright's Shop.  I can see all four shows regularly in my area.

The original woodworking show:  The Woodwright's Shop.  In continuous production since first airing in 1979, first only on North Carolina PBS.  It went to national PBS in 1981.  This season is the 40th year of the show.  Congrats to Sir Roy.  BTW, Roy is 68 years old, and seems to still have the same level of energy and enthusiasm he did when the show started.

RE: Classic Woodworking with Fine Woodworking - FrankAtl - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 06:22 AM)AHill Wrote: The original woodworking show:  The Woodwright's Shop.  In continuous production since first airing in 1979, first only on North Carolina PBS.  It went to national PBS in 1981.  This season is the 40th year of the show.  Congrats to Sir Roy.  BTW, Roy is 68 years old, and seems to still have the same level of energy and enthusiasm he did when the show started.

Yes he's pretty amazing. I'm 10 years younger than him and don't have half the energy!