Woodnet Forums
Line shaft machine shop - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Line shaft machine shop (/showthread.php?tid=7348989)

Line shaft machine shop - Timberwolf - 06-27-2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnO222giZzc

RE: Line shaft machine shop - DaveR1 - 06-27-2019

(06-27-2019, 04:30 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnO222giZzc

Cool! Thanks for sharing the link.

RE: Line shaft machine shop - museumguy - 06-27-2019

Wow, that was an amazing video. I've known gentlemen like him, rare breed and much admired.

Thank you for posting

RE: Line shaft machine shop - Stwood_ - 06-28-2019

Kinsley, Kansas. Back in 75 when we lived in that area, there was a full/complete line shaft machine shop there in the old downtown. Everything was powered by one motor.
A farmer had bought it after it had shut down. He used it for his personal/farm work only.
If it was handed down to his sons, I would say it is probably still there.
Last name was Fox I think.

RE: Line shaft machine shop - Timberwolf - 06-28-2019

(06-28-2019, 04:25 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Kinsley, Kansas. Back in 75 when we lived in that area, there was a full/complete line shaft machine shop there in the old downtown. Everything was powered by one motor.
A farmer had bought it after it had shut down. He used it for his personal/farm work only.
If it was handed down to his sons, I would say it is probably still there.
Last name was Fox I think.

I was in an Amish furniture shop near Lancaster, Pa. a couple years ago that was operated by one motor...Modern machines with their individual motors removed and a line shaft drive installed in place of them....
Crazy

RE: Line shaft machine shop - kurt18947 - 06-29-2019

(06-28-2019, 08:07 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ...........................
I was in an Amish furniture shop near Lancaster, Pa. a couple years ago that was operated by one motor...Modern machines with their individual motors removed and a line shaft drive installed in place of them....
Crazy

I guess it depends on the church/group/sect/whatever of the Amish. Some use a large engine driving a hydraulic pump and have hydraulic motors on the machines, some have a generator & electric motors - no public utility power. I guess they want to remain independent of the outside world and after some of the crap I see on TV & social media I can't say as I blame them.

RE: Line shaft machine shop - Timberwolf - 07-01-2019

(06-29-2019, 05:17 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: I guess it depends on the church/group/sect/whatever of the Amish. Some use a large engine driving a hydraulic pump and have hydraulic motors on the machines, some have a generator & electric motors - no public utility power. I guess they want to remain independent of the outside world and after some of the crap I see on TV & social media I can't say as I blame them.
Same here Kurt...I love their dedication to their principles.
Yes