Woodnet Forums
Best sandpaper hands down - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Best sandpaper hands down (/showthread.php?tid=7349374)

Pages: 1 2

Best sandpaper hands down - Smashedfinger - 07-20-2019

Lets see what everyone uses for sandpaper....

1. sheets (for hand sanding, oscillating sanders)           I use 3m Pro grade.

2. discs for random orbital sanders.                              I use Klingspor or red label abrasives

3. For drum sanders (not wide belt).                            I have been using red label abrasives zirconia

4. Edge and belt sanders                                             I have only tried klingspor but it seems to clog up

Everyone has their favorites for different reasons. I can't seem to find anything that doesn't leave marks in burls.

RE: Best sandpaper hands down - EdL - 07-20-2019

Hand sanding, 3m "Sandblaster"

All my powered sanders are Festool, so Festool abrasives.

Drum sander, Mirka.

Ed

RE: Best sandpaper hands down - Mr Eddie - 07-20-2019

Abranet - Haven't found anything better.

Lonnie

RE: Best sandpaper hands down - fredhargis - 07-21-2019

My ROS discs and sheets for hand sanding are all Klingspor, and the DS belts I have at the moment are Klingspor (though I have used other DS belts I like just as well). I do intend to try Abranet at some point in the future.

RE: Best sandpaper hands down - Bill Holt - 07-21-2019

Klingspor all the way.

RE: Best sandpaper hands down - Stwood_ - 07-21-2019

Mirka for the win for me.
I can't seem to get it for my little 1x30 belt sander though.

RE: Best sandpaper hands down - Mr Eddie - 07-21-2019

(07-21-2019, 06:00 AM)fredhargis Wrote: My ROS discs and sheets for hand sanding are all Klingspor, and the DS belts I have at the moment are Klingspor (though I have used other DS belts I like just as well). I do intend to try Abranet at some point in the future.

Fred,
I think you'll like the abranet.  The abranet seems to allow my dust control to capture virtually all the dust.

Lonnie

RE: Best sandpaper hands down - Tony Z - 07-21-2019

I'll tell you one to never use: the red paper from Harbor Freight! Not only does the grit readily come off, but it also dyes the wood you're trying to sand, red?

RE: Best sandpaper hands down - Smashedfinger - 07-21-2019

(07-21-2019, 05:58 PM)Tony Z Wrote: I'll tell you one to never use:  the red paper from Harbor Freight!  Not only does the grit readily come off, but it also dyes the wood you're trying to sand, red?

Yes, red tomato dye

RE: Best sandpaper hands down - AHill - 07-21-2019

I use Festool paper on my Festool ROS. Klingspor for turning. Norton 3X sheet stock.