Woodnet Forums
Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? (/showthread.php?tid=7350543)

Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? - 00lightning - 09-30-2019

I have an old Record 52 1/2 D vise that is missing the sliding dog and parts related to the lever on the front of the vise. Will parts from the new 52 1/2D vise fit the older "Made in England" vise?
Thanks.

Gilbert

RE: Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? - 00lightning - 10-03-2019

Here's a couple of pics of the vise. Anyone have parts for the sliding dog or quick release knob?
If not, if you have the same vise can you take detailed pic of the dog and the quick release knob (front and back).

Anyone know what years this model was produced? Thanks.

Sorry for the large pics.

RE: Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? - Yotie - 10-03-2019

I have a 52 1/2 .... I’ll take pics of the dog an the release mechanism. You can make a dog yourself out of steel stock, a tap, and a thumb screw .... I made one for another Record vise I had. if you’d like, I’ll look into making you one.

RE: Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? - 00lightning - 10-03-2019

I was going to make one just was trying to make it look like the original. Can you take a pic of the quick release lever from the front and the backside? I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

RE: Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? - Yotie - 10-04-2019

Here is a pic of the dog .... I’ve got several photos of my 52 1/2 that is mounted to a bench, and some photos of a 52 that is not mounted. I’ll message you and see if I can send them to an email as there are 8 or so.

RE: Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? - toolmiser - 10-04-2019

You could even make one out of wood. You would be surprised how it will hold up.

RE: Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? - 00lightning - 10-04-2019

I've thought about that, maybe if making it out of steel becomes too difficult. Thanks.

Yotie, PM sent.

RE: Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? - Bob10 - 10-04-2019

I have 2 of those vises if you need pictures or measurements let me know.

RE: Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? - 00lightning - 10-06-2019

New revelation: I was talking to the guy I originally got the vise from and he says he has found a box that has the missing parts!! So one problem solved. Thanks to of you that responded and sent pics.

1. What paint color closely matches the original blue paint.
2. Does anyone have a source for the "GENUINE RECORD MADE IN ENGLAND" decal on the face plate.
3. I've noticed several casting numbers on the vise. " 13M4", a stamped "65". Any idea what they represent.

Thanks

RE: Parts for a "Made in England" Record 52 1/2 D Woodworking vise? - daddo - 10-07-2019

Looks like Ford blue.