Woodnet Forums
Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site (/showthread.php?tid=7350999)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site - Admiral - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 01:26 PM)Alan Wrote: He has opinions, and writes clearly enough that you can tell what he's talking about.  I frequently disagree with the opinion but find the reasons and discussion helpful to the way I think about the topics.  For instance, in a review the least valuable part is the bottom line where someone tells you what they think is "best".  If there is enough said that you can evaluate the criteria as well as the tools, you can decide whether the conclusions are relevant to your needs, and at best choose a different preferred product based on other criteria.  I find that Chris's discussion and reviews almost always provide enough to be helpful in that sort of manner.

Agree.  While Chris sometimes stirs the pot, he can support his point of view, and I say ok.  Opinions are good, I have mine, everybody has theirs, and it's all good.  If he can make a living with his opinions, I say more power to him, and I'm glad he is around to push, question, and occasionally have a brain fart!

RE: Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site - Rob Young - 11-01-2019

(10-31-2019, 12:47 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: ...I just have bought enough toys (and books), and are staying away from marketing blogs.

Simon

Never!

RE: Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site - Bob10 - 11-01-2019

(11-01-2019, 09:30 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Never!
You ever consider manscaping?

RE: Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site - Stwood_ - 11-01-2019

(11-01-2019, 09:42 AM)Bob10 Wrote: You ever consider manscaping?

Laugh

RE: Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site - Rob Young - 11-01-2019

(11-01-2019, 09:42 AM)Bob10 Wrote: You ever consider manscaping?

No, why do you ask?

[Image: 06-bigfoot-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=900]

RE: Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site - Peter Tremblay - 11-01-2019

My $0.02

I'm a big fan of Chris'

He's one heck of a nice guy.  His maturity, curiosity, and enthusiasm comes out in eveything that he does. Almost everything that he publishes teaches me something or at least gets to consider woodworking in a new way.

Few have added more to the current Renaissance of [hand tool] woodworking than he.

RE: Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site - bandit571 - 11-01-2019

Seems there are several topics that attract haters...

Anything about Paul Sellers
Anything about  Chris Schwarz
Any mention of Harbor Freight
Almost any sharpening question

Some here, don't even bother to read to opening statements....they just go off on their own little crusades.......

Oh well...

RE: Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site - Admiral - 11-01-2019

(11-01-2019, 03:59 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Seems there are several topics that attract haters...

Some here, don't even bother to read to opening statements....they just go off on their own little crusades.......

Oh well...

Not haters, just differences of opinion.  You have yours, others have theirs. Its all good.

RE: Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site - Handplanesandmore - 11-01-2019

(11-01-2019, 03:59 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Seems there are several topics that attract haters...

Oh well...

You forgot ...
Steve Gass (SAWSTOP)!

Some people still can't let go even after the company has been sold. More than one has said they would rather lose a finger than do business with [fill in the blank].

Simon

RE: Chriz Schwarz Dump-On Site - EdL - 11-01-2019

LMAO.....the complaint dept. link and story did what he wanted.....got a whole lot of peoples shorts in a bunch.

Anyone working on getting the keg-o-rator in the basement fixed?

Ed