Woodnet Forums
Knife block build (pic heavy) - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Knife block build (pic heavy) (/showthread.php?tid=7351149)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Knife block build (pic heavy) - wood-chips - 11-09-2019

Nice looking knife holder and nice use of wood.

RE: Knife block build (pic heavy) - Wild Turkey - 11-12-2019

My foodie son looked at that and commented that there’s a car’s worth of knives in that picture !!!

RE: Knife block build (pic heavy) - Cooler - 11-12-2019

Since counter-space is frequently at a premium, I think this design holds a lot of knives with a minimal foot print. 

At one time I considered making a knife block that mounted under cabinet and was just one knife high and spread across the underside of a couple of uppers.  I got distracted with other projects so that never got made.

A really nice job with a really nice design.  Well done.

RE: Knife block build (pic heavy) - OneStaple - 11-12-2019

Wild Turkey Wrote:My foodie son looked at that and commented that there’s a car’s worth of knives in that picture !!!

Haha, maybe if the car is a 1995 Toyota Corolla with 250k miles on it.

A few of the knives are in the $100-$200 range. Then there's about five $10 "guest knives". A couple others in the $50 range. Most of the rest are (low cost) eBay rescues/projects, including one of the nakiris (one of my favorite knives in the set). So, while the set isn't the lowest cost option, there are certainly MUCH more expensive options/sets/collections

Like with woodworking tools, I certainly have an appreciation for well made (kitchen) tools.

Tyler

RE: Knife block build (pic heavy) - Wild Turkey - 11-13-2019

very neat solution to clamping a tapered item.

Beautiful wood!