Woodnet Forums
I need some cutting help - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: I need some cutting help (/showthread.php?tid=7351822)

Pages: 1 2

RE: I need some cutting help - Arlin Eastman - 12-18-2019

OK I think I get it now.

I zero it out on the bed of the TS and then make sure the blade is vertical and then 0 it out and go to 30* correct?

RE: I need some cutting help - DaveR1 - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 10:02 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: OK I think I get it now.

I zero it out on the bed of the TS and then make sure the blade is vertical and then 0 it out and go to 30* correct?

30° from vertical, yes. If your table saw can't do that, you need to get a proper table saw.

RE: I need some cutting help - MidwestMan - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 10:02 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: OK I think I get it now.

Yes.

RE: I need some cutting help - Arlin Eastman - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 05:09 PM)MidwestMan Wrote: Yes.

Now that I understand what everyone was saying I will try it out tomorrow.

You guys have to remember I do have brain damage from the bombing and either it takes me awhile to understand or I have to get them to say it in simpler terms.

All I can say is I am way better then when I first got here.  I might have tried a lot of peoples patience in asking them to explain what they were talking about in very easy terms.  So glad they did to.

RE: I need some cutting help - Turner52 - 12-19-2019

Arlin. First thank you for your service. I would hope everyone on this site would understand that. If they don't then the h&^%$ with them. You recieved your injury while serving this country. Everyone should thank you for your sacrifice.

RE: I need some cutting help - MidwestMan - 12-19-2019

(12-18-2019, 11:09 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: You guys have to remember I do have brain damage from the ....

Yep... that's why I kept responding. I knew the light bulb would go on sooner or later. Sometimes I don't understand something that everyone else seems to comprehend, it happens to all of us, with or without something severe happening to us.

RE: I need some cutting help - MidwestMan - 01-03-2020

How did the angled cuts go for you Arlin? Any project pics you care to share?

RE: I need some cutting help - Splinterz25 - 01-04-2020

Don't lay the board down flat stand it on the edge ( the thickness of the board down on the table) to get 60 degrees on a table saw.just be careful not to wobble I've seen where people have extend ed there fence to 12" tall or more, do this w/ ply and double sided tape. hope this helps.  This is how I cut anything sharper than 45 degrees on a table saw.

RE: I need some cutting help - Arlin Eastman - 01-07-2020

Sorry Guys I forgot my password a few weeks ago and had to wait to get a new one and Barnowl did it today.

I have not done anything in the shop since we last talked.  I will let everyone know when I do with some pics when I borrow my daughters camera.