Woodnet Forums
Hand Power Tools? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Hand Power Tools? (/showthread.php?tid=7352331)

Pages: 1 2

Hand Power Tools? - GeorgeV - 01-13-2020

I have a number of hand power tools with cords that I no longer use and would be willing to donate them rather than throw them out. I do realize that battery operated tools are more portable and in fashion, however, these tools are still functional in spite of having cords.

Any suggestions. I am in Maryland.

RE: Hand Power Tools? - Admiral - 01-13-2020

My first impulse would be a local Habitat organization, not the restore, but the builders.....

RE: Hand Power Tools? - fredhargis - 01-13-2020

Agree with Admiral, The Habitat organization would be a great place.

RE: Hand Power Tools? - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 01-13-2020

I sold all mine through CL or FB Market.

RE: Hand Power Tools? - K. L. McReynolds - 01-13-2020

How about a veterans help group? You could look up some groups on Mike Rowe's Returning the Favor on FaceBook.

RE: Hand Power Tools? - stav - 01-13-2020

Not everyone wants battery operated tools. I still hold out for cords as much as possible just because of how infrequently I get to use them. When I do, I don't want to be standing around waiting for batteries to charge.

RE: Hand Power Tools? - jppierson - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 01:31 PM)stav Wrote: Not everyone wants battery operated tools. I still hold out for cords as much as possible just because of how infrequently I get to use them. When I do, I don't want to be standing around waiting for batteries to charge.

I have to agree. I wont buy a battery powered tool. The form and fit of the batteries constantly change, then become obsolete before the tool wears out. Then you have to buy a new one. Sort of like the induction hardened hand saws, throw aways. If I need a portable power screw driver or drill, out comes the bit brace, which is what I use when I tap my maple trees.

RE: Hand Power Tools? - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 01-13-2020

I dunno about *constantly*.

Don't battery systems have a 10-15 year life cycle?

I'm okay with that.

RE: Hand Power Tools? - Handplanesandmore - 01-14-2020

Cordless tools like cordless routers or drills are great but they will never replace the corded versions in my shop. Unless you have a spare charged battery ready, your flow of work can be interrupted. I always have a corded drill in my shop for heavy and prolonged boring tasks. The jigsaw is another example where a corded version can be handy.

Simon

RE: Hand Power Tools? - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 01-15-2020

I maintain two spare batteries for my DeWalt 20V system on the chargers at all times.