Woodnet Forums
WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector (/showthread.php?tid=7352412)

Pages: 1 2

WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector - Ricc Havens - 01-17-2020

Looking to see if anyone has laying around a remote control switch for a dust collector like the Long Ranger or Grizzly remotes or other brands.

Ricc
Elkhart, IN

RE: WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector - brianwelch - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 01:30 PM)Ricc Havens Wrote: Looking to see if anyone has laying around a remote control switch for a dust collector like the Long Ranger or Grizzly remotes or other brands.

Ricc
Elkhart, IN

I picked one up thinking I might rewire my dust collector. So right now it is nothing but a dust collector itself <grin>
Let me make sure I can put my fingers on it and that it works. I purchased it used, and have never tried it...
I am in PA
Brian

RE: WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector - BloomingtonMike - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 01:30 PM)Ricc Havens Wrote: Looking to see if anyone has laying around a remote control switch for a dust collector like the Long Ranger or Grizzly remotes or other brands.

Ricc
Elkhart, IN

If you have interest in building one I can help you figure out how to do that.

Mikie

RE: WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector - Ricc Havens - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 02:30 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: If you have interest in building one I can help you figure out how to do that.

Mikie

Mikie,  I saw a couple write ups online about doing that but it seemed like the supplies (contactor/relay, box, remote, plug, recept, wiring, connectors, etc) would end up costing me $50 or more with shipping.  A new one from Grizzly is only $65.  Didn't seem like a big advantage to do it that way.  It would be an option if I knew someone locally that was an electrician who could get me the stuff at cost.  But the only electrician I know charges me $75 an hour!

Thanks
Ricc

RE: WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector - Ricc Havens - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 02:15 PM)brianwelch Wrote: I picked one up thinking I might rewire my dust collector. So right now it is nothing but a dust collector itself <grin>
Let me make sure I can put my fingers on it and that it works. I purchased it used, and have never tried it...
I am in PA
Brian

Brian, let me know.  I did have a used one given to me but it was DOA.

RE: WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector - brianwelch - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 03:30 PM)Ricc Havens Wrote: Brian, let me know.  I did have a used one given to me but it was DOA.

Will do...Sometime this weekend  most likely
Thanks

RE: WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector - BloomingtonMike - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 03:28 PM)Ricc Havens Wrote: Mikie,  I saw a couple write ups online about doing that but it seemed like the supplies (contactor/relay, box, remote, plug, recept, wiring, connectors, etc) would end up costing me $50 or more with shipping.  A new one from Grizzly is only $65.  Didn't seem like a big advantage to do it that way.  It would be an option if I knew someone locally that was an electrician who could get me the stuff at cost.  But the only electrician I know charges me $75 an hour!

Thanks
Ricc

The advantage of building it yourself is:

1. It works with ANY size dust collector you size the contactor for - you are not limited to 2-3 hp or 20 amps in most cases.
2. When it breaks (remotes fail or whatever) the fix is as cheap as $10
3. Designed now you can have it switched on with your phone or alexa or any smart remote smart home setup

But I get the lure of just buy it and hook it up and go

RE: WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector - Arlin Eastman - 01-17-2020

Ricc

This is the one I bought and it works marvelous and works when hidden from the handheld one is not even pointing at it.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-240V-Dust-Collection-Remote/T26674

Only $59.95

(01-17-2020, 03:56 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Ricc

This is the one I bought and it works marvelous and works when hidden from the handheld one is not even pointing at it.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-240V-Dust-Collection-Remote/T26674

Only $59.95

Thanks Arlin,  that's the one I was looking at.  But thought I'd see if anyone had a used one laying around since I'm on a disability income

Ricc

RE: WTB - Wanted 220v remote switch for Dust collector - Arlin Eastman - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 04:52 PM)Ricc Havens Wrote: Thanks Arlin,  that's the one I was looking at.  But thought I'd see if anyone had a used one laying around since I'm on a disability income

Ricc

I really know how that is.

I would like to help you if that is OK.  I have a few $$ in my paypal