Woodnet Forums
Bessey K body Clamps for sale - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Bessey K body Clamps for sale (/showthread.php?tid=7352783)

Pages: 1 2

Bessey K body Clamps for sale - jeichelberger - 02-05-2020

All of the clamps are in very good shape they are all the older style wood handles with the exception of the 24” long. I have the following
(20) 12” $35 each
(14) 24” $40 each
(13) 31” $45 each
(10) 40” $50 each
(5)  50” $55 each

Located in Berrien Springs Mi 49103
Sorry not sure how to post pictures with the ad

RE: Bessey K body Clamps for sale - bmich - 02-05-2020

Good luck with the sale, but I just checked out these clamps on HD and they are all about 5$ cheaper there.

RE: Bessey K body Clamps for sale - BloomingtonMike - 02-06-2020

(02-05-2020, 11:32 PM)bmich Wrote: Good luck with the sale, but I just checked out these clamps on HD and they are all about 5$ cheaper there.

Maybe new Revos but not Kbodies. Many folks like the kbody size and weight better.

RE: Bessey K body Clamps for sale - packerguy® - 02-06-2020

(02-06-2020, 09:28 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Maybe new Revos but not Kbodies. Many folks like the kbody size and weight better.

+1 I am one of them.

Ive been looking for a dozen more 12" clamps....but have set my max price. Ive picked up a bunch over the past 18 months.....just gotta be patient and they find me little by little.

RE: Bessey K body Clamps for sale - Tapper - 02-07-2020

I too am looking for some 12 inchers but prefer the ones with the red and black larger composite handles.

Doug

P.S. Good luck to the OP with the sale!

RE: Bessey K body Clamps for sale - alanealane - 02-07-2020

(02-07-2020, 12:42 AM)Tapper Wrote: I too am looking for some 12 inchers but prefer the ones with the red and black larger composite handles.

Doug

P.S. Good luck to the OP with the sale!

I like the composite handles too. I've seen somewhere maybe YouTube where folks will drill a cross-hole in the wooden handle to insert a bar or screwdriver for additional torque. Not sure how well this works or if it does damage to the clamp but I haven't tried it. Hope the sale goes well
Smile

RE: Bessey K body Clamps for sale - barnowl - 02-08-2020

I wrapped my wooden handles with electrical tape to increase torque.

Works very well.

Yes

RE: Bessey K body Clamps for sale - Herb - 02-08-2020

I got some of these, Clamp Handle Grips

https://www.rockler.com/clamp-handle-grips

RE: Bessey K body Clamps for sale - David Katz - 02-08-2020

Rob Cosman makes the case, quite persuasively, that the best handle tape is what hockey players wrap their sticks in:

Hockey Tape

RE: Bessey K body Clamps for sale - Lumber Yard® - 02-08-2020

(02-08-2020, 04:49 PM)David Katz Wrote: Rob Cosman makes the case, quite persuasively, that the best handle tape is what hockey players wrap their sticks in:

Hockey Tape

I bought a bulk case of red cloth hockey tape years ago. I use it for sporting stuff as well as in the shop. The stuff works awesome for things like clamp handles, etc. I have way more than I'll ever need, if anyone wants a few rolls let me know and we'll see how much shipping is. IIRC each roll is 1in by 75ft.