Woodnet Forums
If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it (/showthread.php?tid=7352854)

Pages: 1 2 3

If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it - Arlin Eastman - 02-09-2020

and willing to mail it off I sure would love to have it.

Pieces from 3/4" up to 12/4 and wider then 2" would be most helpful for the glue ups that needs to be done.

Sorry I do not have the funds to pay in shipping just to be up front.
Thanks

RE: If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it - Robin Dobbie - 02-09-2020

I sent you a private message. Let me know if that will work for ya.

RE: If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it - Arlin Eastman - 02-10-2020

Thanks Robin

Sent a PM back on his lack of business.

RE: If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it - castguy2003 - 02-10-2020

(02-09-2020, 07:41 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: and willing to mail it off I sure would love to have it.

Pieces from 3/4" up to 12/4 and wider then 2" would be most helpful for the glue ups that needs to be done.

Sorry I do not have the funds to pay in shipping just to be up front.
Thanks

Arlin,

I will be heading to Des Moines in mid June. Let me know if you still need wood scraps and perhaps we can meet up.

RE: If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it - Arlin Eastman - 02-10-2020

(02-10-2020, 11:00 AM)castguy2003 Wrote: Arlin,

I will be heading to Des Moines in mid June. Let me know if you still need wood scraps and perhaps we can meet up.

We could Always use wood scraps.

Here are a few examples of what we want to do.  One of my older vet friends make stuff like this for Beads of Courage boxes for the kids

Enjoy seeing what things I do like this.

RE: If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it - 5thumbs - 02-10-2020

Arlin:

You might want to check with a Lowes store, if you have one locally. They just donated a batch of lumber to a local group that builds houses for disabled veterans. They might be willing to provide you with cutoffs and scrap wood.

RE: If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it - RichK - 02-10-2020

Ditto on 5thumbs' advice. Lowes was generous to me with their cull lumber which I used to make Christmas toys that got donated to a womens' shelter.

RE: If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it - Bucko - 02-11-2020

Some good replies which reminds me several years ago a local contractor was building a new home in my neighborhood and they threw all 2 x’s cutoffs in a pile for me for my backyard fire pit.

RE: If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it - stoppy - 02-11-2020

Arlin,
Check with local builders for their cutoffs and scraps. Got to believe they’d love helping you.

RE: If anyone has scrap wood and wish to get rid of it - Arlin Eastman - 02-11-2020

I will call Lowes to check it out.  It is  miles from our house so calling is best first
Yes .