Woodnet Forums
Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps (/showthread.php?tid=7353562)

Pages: 1 2

Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - Marceneiro - 03-15-2020

BLUF: what to do with the old, breaking style of Jorgensen Cabinet Masters?

As many of my fellow less-young guys, I bought a bunch of Jorgensen Cabinet Master clamps quite some time ago.  Well, they were all the longer clamps, and I didn't really use them too much, so was unaware of the issues with the silver heads.

Of course, now that I have the need to use them, I started snapping the heads.  Did some research, and it appears it was a known issue, and Jorgensen was sending out replacement heads (black).  Did some more research and saw that the old Jorgensen is no more, but someone else stepped in and bought the brand.

I've tried contacting the new company via the email addresses on their website, but can't seem to get a response from them.

Then I noticed that Rockler stocks Jorgensen, so I tried to get their help (contact info for Jorgensen).  Rockler was absolutely no help (what happened to their customer service? It's really went downhill), but that's a topic for another thread.

So, does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix or remedy this?  I’ve got nine clamps in question.

Thanks!

RE: Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - KC - 03-15-2020

(03-15-2020, 09:15 AM)Marceneiro Wrote: BLUF: what to do with the old, breaking style of Jorgensen Cabinet Masters?

As many of my fellow less-young guys, I bought a bunch of Jorgensen Cabinet Master clamps quite some time ago.  Well, they were all the longer clamps, and I didn't really use them too much, so was unaware of the issues with the silver heads.

Of course, now that I have the need to use them, I started snapping the heads.  Did some research, and it appears it was a known issue, and Jorgensen was sending out replacement heads (black).  Did some more research and saw that the old Jorgensen is no more, but someone else stepped in and bought the brand.

I've tried contacting the new company via the email addresses on their website, but can't seem to get a response from them.

Then I noticed that Rockler stocks Jorgensen, so I tried to get their help (contact info for Jorgensen).  Rockler was absolutely no help (what happened to their customer service? It's really went downhill), but that's a topic for another thread.

So, does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix or remedy this?  I’ve got nine clamps in question.

Thanks!

There used to be somebody on one of the wood forums that would send replacement parts.  I still have a bunch of those clamps, and out of maybe a dozen only two have frustrated me to the point of throwing them away.

RE: Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - fredhargis - 03-15-2020

I'm interested in this thread since I have a small number of Jorgy's, but I confess I have no idea what you are talking about...maybe I'll learn. Anyway, the name was bought by a Chinese company (as I understand it) but they do have this page (dated 2020) with contact info.

RE: Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - Stwood_ - 03-15-2020

I believe it was Clampman here that helped with the broken clamps. He worked for Jorgenson back in the day I think.
He provided me with the newer black parts (steel) that were made to replace the cast silver pot metal pieces. I had 5-6 extra also, but those went with the clamps when I sold all those clamps.

RE: Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - Tony Z - 03-15-2020

Quite a while back, I bought a bunch of the Jorgies from "Ollies-Good Things Cheap", which is a sort of freight salvage store. Mine are the silver ones and like brand new, as I hardly used them. They're stored away somewhere, should dig them out and dispose of them.

What I remember, they workd like the Bessey's (have those, also), but half the time, would not tighten or rather catch to tighten.

RE: Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - Wayne G. - 03-15-2020

I got mine replaced last year by the new company.  They have broke as well.  They were difficult to contact and I think I did it trough Instagram and the Awesome Orange

RE: Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - Gary G™ - 03-15-2020

Old Jorgies?
These are old:
https://www.ebay.com/i/274125790923

I have a bunch like them— never any trouble.
They are heavy though.

RE: Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - Stwood_ - 03-15-2020

(03-15-2020, 05:53 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Old Jorgies?
These are old:
https://www.ebay.com/i/274125790923

I have a bunch like them— never any trouble.
They are heavy though.

Cabinetmasters, the first version.

RE: Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - BloomingtonMike - 03-20-2020

How hard are folks cranking them before they break?

RE: Old Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - Marceneiro - 03-21-2020

Thanks for all the replies.

I did try the contact info on their contact web page, as well as reaching out to Rockler to see if they had any working contact info for Jorgensen (since they carry them).  Neither worked.

I wasn't cranking down on the clamps very hard when the handles broke off. Just normal clamping pressure, the same as I've always used with my Besseys.