Woodnet Forums
Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials (/showthread.php?tid=7355005)

Pages: 1 2

Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials - chrisntam - 05-02-2020

Delivery driver dropped off materials in neighbors driveway, the wood has been like that for prolly a week.  Bothers the crap out of me just looking at it (warping).

Does it bother you?

RE: Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials - chrisntam - 05-02-2020

Here’s the picture.

RE: Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials - Phil Thien - 05-02-2020

Yeah that lumber would bother me.

What is that pile of stuff, it looks like wood chips?

RE: Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials - JosephP - 05-02-2020

I'd want it sitting flat...but that won't permanently bow the boards.  That is a wood structure thing.

RE: Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials - R Clark - 05-02-2020

The bundles on the bottom look like AC2 5/4 decking.  That stuff is kept wet at the lumber yard; I'd try to make sure it was flat as it dries.

RE: Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials - chrisntam - 05-02-2020

It’s pea gravel, it’s got a tan colored dust on it.

RE: Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials - Stwood_ - 05-02-2020

Yea, whoever dumped that lumber there didn't do them any favors.

RE: Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials - Gary G™ - 05-02-2020

Dang; I get better service when they deliver new fence posts and top boards.

Crazy

RE: Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials - Pirate - 06-01-2020

I always wondered if when having a house built, what the builder would say if I wanted all uncovered lumber covered from the weather?

RE: Neighbors are having remodeling done - pic of materials - cams2705 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 09:39 AM)Pirate Wrote: I always wondered if when having a house built, what the builder would say if I wanted all uncovered lumber covered from the weather?

When I was having our house built about 3 years ago, the lumber supplier dropped a giant load of all the interior and exterior trim on the site on a Friday afternoon after all the workers left.  We used MDF for base molding as we're not tough and it should last with no issues.  I could imagine what would have happend if we didn;t visit the site every day and saw this considerig it ended up raining all weekend.  My wife and I stacked it all in the garage just in time when it started sprinkling.  Crisis averted!