Woodnet Forums
Large jointer planes - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Large jointer planes (/showthread.php?tid=7355158)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Large jointer planes - bandit571 - 05-10-2020

Unless you happen to be into barrel making....bad form if a stave runs into the ground....

RE: Large jointer planes - AHill - 05-10-2020

(05-10-2020, 10:13 AM)wmickley Wrote: I trued a piece of white oak that was 3 X 5 X 112 inches yesterday. We don't need a plane to be longer than the timber. 

For very small pieces a smoothing plane in the vise works fine.

Agreed.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I added a correction to my post.  This is what I get for posting while multi-tasking.

RE: Large jointer planes - MauleSkinner - 05-10-2020

Multitasking is a myth.
Wink

RE: Large jointer planes - Arlin Eastman - 05-10-2020

Biggest thing I need to do is finish up my bench and put my vises on it!!!!  Then shaving some small parts would be so much easier.

I have had my daughter and her husband and 4 grandchildren here for the last 4 days and a lot of really small scraps I was going to throw away was put into use with 1x10s I had sitting around for other things to make.

All I can say is 3 little girls and my oldest grandson had me sawing, dying, sanding, and gluing up I ever did.  All I can say is WOW and I am glad I am done with it today.  My oldest granddaughter will have to leave hers here so we can finish it up later when she comes back.