Woodnet Forums
[SOLD] Barr chisels - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: [SOLD] Barr chisels (/showthread.php?tid=7355493)

[SOLD] Barr chisels - Aram - 05-25-2020

I've had these for years. They are very good tools. I just don't use them. 

1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1", plus the leather roll. I kept them honed when I did use them. Which means there may be a hole or ten in the chisel roll....

The larger chisels are in very good shape. The handles have been banged on, of course. The chisels are made with a convex, rounded bevel that Barr Quarton apparently likes for sharpening, but I never was in love with that technique. I tried to regrind the 1/8 chisel,  and I made a mess of the end. It's crooked. It looks like it got a bit cooked -- form a hand-cranked grinder, no less. I assume you can grind it down a bit further and have a good chisel.

[Image: i-xZtddrt-M.jpg]

[Image: i-dX6cVG8-M.jpg]

[Image: i-6KHP8Rr-M.jpg]

$SOLD shipped CONUS only.

RE: [SOLD] Barr chisels - ron kanter - 05-26-2020

It would be helpful to future buyers and sellers to know the selling price.
I have a set of Barr chisels so I am particularly interested.
Thanks for considering this.

RE: [SOLD] Barr chisels - WaterlooMarc - 05-26-2020

I agree. I’ve never understood why people delete the price afterwards.

RE: [SOLD] Barr chisels - Aram - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 09:38 PM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I agree. I’ve never understood why people delete the price afterwards.

Fair.

$220 shipped

RE: [SOLD] Barr chisels - WaterlooMarc - 05-27-2020

See - now I can kick myself for missing this! Good deal on a beautiful set of chisels.

RE: [SOLD] Barr chisels - FireWood - 05-28-2020

nice set, sorry I missed it!

If it's not too late, could you perhaps post a few more pics of that tool roll?  that's a nice one!

RE: [SOLD] Barr chisels - Aram - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 06:47 AM)FireWood Wrote: nice set, sorry I missed it!

If it's not too late, could you perhaps post a few more pics of that tool roll?  that's a nice one!

Sorry, I don't have any more pics. It's the one Barr Tools includes with their cabinet maker's chisel sets.