Woodnet Forums
How do you get under your riding lawnmower? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: How do you get under your riding lawnmower? (/showthread.php?tid=7355769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: How do you get under your riding lawnmower? - EdL - 06-06-2020

Lift the front of my zero turn with my engine hoist, then jack stands.

The HF lifts work good, but are valved to bypass if the mower is to heavy.

Ed

RE: How do you get under your riding lawnmower? - Mr_Mike - 06-07-2020

A mower jack is the correct tool. However, I usually use my backhoe.
Smile

RE: How do you get under your riding lawnmower? - Pirate - 06-07-2020

I use a chain hoist for lifting mine.

RE: How do you get under your riding lawnmower? - messmaker - 06-07-2020

Floor jack and jack stands.
You can have a problem getting your jack under the deck. That will cause you to run your mower up on 2 x 8  boards to get the clearance you need.

RE: How do you get under your riding lawnmower? - whatline - 06-07-2020

I bought a mower lift ... it’s great. They seem very safe I
Do block the rear tire Though. Can get under and use impact drill

RE: How do you get under your riding lawnmower? - Bill Wilson - 06-08-2020

I've been tempted many times to get one of those mower lifts.  They look pretty slick.

I usually put my ramps up on the tailgate of my truck and run the front wheels up on them.  That's a fairly quick, easy and safe method, plus I don't have to find a place to store a mower lift.

RE: How do you get under your riding lawnmower? - Bluepine - 06-08-2020

The Harbor Freight mower lift folds up for storage and has wheels to move it around plus it has a locking pin to secure it in use.

RE: How do you get under your riding lawnmower? - srv52761 - 06-08-2020

(06-07-2020, 10:00 AM)Pirate Wrote: I use a chain hoist for lifting mine.

I also.  I beefed up one set of rafters and rafter tie.  Added a forged bolt. Use that to lift the mower, my stationary tools to place on mobile base, anything heavy.  Anything over maybe 400-500  lbs I add a couple of 2x under the rafter tie.

RE: How do you get under your riding lawnmower? - brianwelch - 06-08-2020

(06-06-2020, 06:45 PM)jlanciani Wrote: Pull the deck and flip it over. On most decent tractors it’s a less than 5 minute task.

Easiest, safest thing in my opinion...first time is a bit slow (and a learning experience), but after that, piece of cake

RE: How do you get under your riding lawnmower? - TDKPE - 06-08-2020

(06-06-2020, 09:09 PM)EdL Wrote: Lift the front of my zero turn with my engine hoist, then jack stands.

I should probably try that.  I use my engine hoist to lift up my boat trailer so I can work on the wheel bearings without bending over too far, since it will lift it higher than my floor jack can.  The trailer weighs nothing on that 2-ton hoist, and the tractor would be even less.  
Cool