Woodnet Forums
National critique - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: National critique (/showthread.php?tid=7356568)

Pages: 1 2

National critique - AnthonyYak - 07-11-2020

One of my pieces was picked and critiqued for the AAW symposium. Great feedback from the panel.

RE: National critique - KC - 07-12-2020

(07-11-2020, 08:02 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: One of my pieces was picked and critiqued for the AAW symposium. Great feedback from the panel.

What did they say?  
Confused

RE: National critique - Arlin Eastman - 07-12-2020

(07-12-2020, 06:39 AM)KC Wrote: What did they say?  
Confused

^^^^^^^^ what he said

RE: National critique - Turner52 - 07-12-2020

Would love to read the review. I am always amazed by the wondeful coloring you do.

RE: National critique - AnthonyYak - 07-12-2020

They really liked the use of trash wood and the process used to stabilize it. They thought the color may be more suited on a more contemporary shape. My intent all during this was to take the normal round and brown in a different direction.

RE: National critique - KC - 07-13-2020

(07-12-2020, 10:21 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: They really liked the use of trash wood and the process used to stabilize it. They thought the color may be more suited on a more contemporary shape. My intent all during this was to take the normal round and brown in a different direction.

Like most of your work, it's stunning.  
Yes

RE: National critique - Wildwood - 07-13-2020

Wait a minute I like brown and round too! Can see why this one grabbing folks attention! Thank for sharing.

RE: National critique - badwhiskey - 07-13-2020

That's great!                                             .

RE: National critique - Arlin Eastman - 07-13-2020

(07-12-2020, 10:21 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: They really liked the use of trash wood and the process used to stabilize it. They thought the color may be more suited on a more contemporary shape. My intent all during this was to take the normal round and brown in a different direction.

Like the old saying goes :One mans trash is another's treasure:
Yes
Yes

For me I want to collect pieces of burl, curl, or spalted wood to cast into other things not just bottle stoppers.  I have tried a few with the guys and they just cost to much to buy and can get 3 or 4 pens for the same price.  I gave the ones I had to the guys to make their own but can not or I should say not willing to buy more and invest in other things and tell them to buy what they wish.

RE: National critique - FrankAtl - 07-13-2020

I honestly do not understand this comment: They thought the color may be more suited on a more contemporary shape.

I think it looks great on the form you used. What do they consider a "more contemporary shape" to be?