Woodnet Forums
toolbelt /pants problem - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: toolbelt /pants problem (/showthread.php?tid=7357211)

Pages: 1 2 3

toolbelt /pants problem - weelis - 08-15-2020

I wear a small tool pouch while in workshop mainly so I know where tape, pencils etc, are. My problem is that pants and tool belt keep sliding down. I have used suspenders to hold both of them up with limited success. My question is, do any of you out there who suffer from the same problem have any other way or some ingenious idea to keep them both up. I may be stuck with the suspenders but am hoping someone out there has a better solution. Thanks.

RE: toolbelt /pants problem - Bill Holt - 08-15-2020

I bought suspenders but they are not comfortable. 
An apron is just too hot for me most of the year.

I look forward to some great ideas to your quest.

RE: toolbelt /pants problem - AHill - 08-15-2020

An apron with shoulder straps that cross is the answer. Lee Valley sells one with a large front pouch. Duluth Trading Company sells a decent apron, but the pockets are on the sides. Hudson also gets good ratings. The straps are padded and there are sawdust flaps on the pockets.

RE: toolbelt /pants problem - Gary G™ - 08-15-2020

It’s a belt—make it a little tighter.

RE: toolbelt /pants problem - weelis - 08-15-2020

If I make the belt any tighter, my face turns blue.

RE: toolbelt /pants problem - cputnam - 08-15-2020

Another voice for an apron with cross back straps. Many folks sell them. Find one with a pocket pattern that you like and go.

RE: toolbelt /pants problem - MarkSingleton - 08-15-2020

Yup.  Any long enough session in the shop, I put on my apron.

It's either that or I cannot find my tape/pencil/square/etc over and
over again!!!

Rolleyes

RE: toolbelt /pants problem - Bob10 - 08-15-2020

I have the Duluth Apron, pretty happy with it but I can see myself replacing it with something with better pocket placement

RE: toolbelt /pants problem - BrokenOlMarine - 08-16-2020

I couldn't find an apron I liked, so I had Miss Tina modify a light canvas one.  It drops overhead, so no tying straps.  It has the pockets where I put them, and specialty pockets that I wanted.  A chest group for two pencils, 6" metal rule, scribe, and small knife.  Pockets at the waist for small tape measure, square, marker, and the like.  It used to be my Glock Armorers Apron. 
Big Grin

RE: toolbelt /pants problem - tablesawtom - 08-16-2020

(08-16-2020, 06:37 AM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: I couldn't find an apron I liked, so I had Miss Tina modify a light canvas one.  It drops overhead, so no tying straps.  It has the pockets where I put them, and specialty pockets that I wanted.  A chest group for two pencils, 6" metal rule, scribe, and small knife.  Pockets at the waist for small tape measure, square, marker, and the like.  It used to be my Glock Armorers Apron. 
Big Grin

Yes you are not alone with your problem. I have never been able to wear a tool belt and it is to hot to wear a shop apron at the present so I just muddle through it. I hate aprons that wrap around the neck but they can be made into aprons that crisscross a crossed the back very easily. If you get some cord and make a loop then the strap can go through it and off the neck it comes. I also prefer cloth aprons.

If someone has an answer to your question I would be interested.

Tom