Woodnet Forums
Grizzly G0771Z Hybrid TS - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Grizzly G0771Z Hybrid TS (/showthread.php?tid=7357612)

Grizzly G0771Z Hybrid TS - cputnam - 09-05-2020

Anyone know anything about the saw? Fence any good?

What I'm really looking for is any red flags - reasons not to purchase.

TIA

RE: Grizzly G0771Z Hybrid TS - Mike 55 - 09-07-2020

(09-05-2020, 06:57 PM)cputnam Wrote: Anyone know anything about the saw?  Fence any good?  

What I'm really looking for is any red flags - reasons not to purchase.

TIA

I bought this saw about a year ago with the mobile base (a must if you need it mobile. Best mobile base I've ever owned). Space was a real issue now that I'm in a garage work space. The table is cast iron and the fence while not a Beisemeyer (which I had on my Delta saw) works similar and locks down tight. It's not truly 2HP since it works on 110V. I've sawed 8/4 without a problem but you can easily over power the saw and slow down the blade with a too fast of a feed rate. Overall I'm happy with the saw. The only annoying issue I have with it and I complained to Grizzly is that it's a cabinet saw with NO door on either side for easy cleaning. You have to remove countless crappy screws to get inside. They agreed this was a over looked item. I may refit it with a door using a piano hinge. I forgot how to post pic's here. It's been awhile. PM me with your email and I can send you a few pic's.

RE: Grizzly G0771Z Hybrid TS - cputnam - 09-09-2020

Thanks Mike. Don't need pics unless you do a door refit

RE: Grizzly G0771Z Hybrid TS - Admiral - 09-09-2020

No personal experience and I've not fondled one, but my cousin bought one and reports he is very happy with it. So, for what it's worth....

RE: Grizzly G0771Z Hybrid TS - kevhead - 09-22-2020

I am also considering this TS. I have watched a couple of the reviews on YouTube. The one with 73k views at 18min47s long gives a good overview of the saw. He paid much less at the time of his purchase (like $750) so I wonder what makes the saw worth $175 more now.

My only hesitation buying this saw is the quality. I read a few bad reviews on Amazon that question the build quality and quality of materials used. I have limited experience with Grizzly, but if they have good support then this is a smaller issue.

RE: Grizzly G0771Z Hybrid TS - Admiral - 09-22-2020

(09-22-2020, 02:12 PM)kevhead Wrote: I am also considering this TS. I have watched a couple of the reviews on YouTube. The one with 73k views at 18min47s long gives a good overview of the saw. He paid much less at the time of his purchase (like $750) so I wonder what makes the saw worth $175 more now.

My only hesitation buying this saw is the quality. I read a few bad reviews on Amazon that question the build quality and quality of materials used. I have limited experience with Grizzly, but if they have good support then this is a smaller issue.

Again, no personal experience with this saw, but I've had several griz products, including most recently a 3hp resaw bandsaw, and the build quality has been good, and the support is also good.  Most of your issues will arise from shipping and griz always makes it right.  I discount most Amazon reviews, for what that's worth.