Woodnet Forums
KOKOPELLI - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: KOKOPELLI (/showthread.php?tid=7358478)

Pages: 1 2

KOKOPELLI - Splinterz25 - 10-23-2020

This piece is a 7" x 2" Teak box with a hand carved Sun and Kokopelli figure done in Cherry; the sun was turned then carved and can rotate around Kokopelli's feet. The coloring is wood dye and the finish is lacquer that has been sanded back and then a bees wax coat was applied. With the figure it is 7" D x 5" tall.

[attachment=30467]

RE: KOKOPELLI - shoottmx - 10-23-2020

Whimsical but elegant.

Had to look up Kokopelli.....

a fertility deity, usually depicted as a humpbacked flute player (often with feathers or antenna-like protrusions on his head), who is venerated by some Native American cultures in the Southwestern United States.Like most fertility deities, Kokopelli presides over both childbirth and agriculture.He is also a trickster god and represents the spirit of music

Great work!

g

RE: KOKOPELLI - Splinterz25 - 10-23-2020

(10-23-2020, 03:35 PM)shoottmx Wrote: Whimsical but elegant.

Had to look up Kokopelli.....

a fertility deity, usually depicted as a humpbacked flute player (often with feathers or antenna-like protrusions on his head), who is venerated by some Native American cultures in the Southwestern United States.Like most fertility deities, Kokopelli presides over both childbirth and agriculture.He is also a trickster god and represents the spirit of music

Great work!

g

Thank you g

RE: KOKOPELLI - iclark - 10-23-2020

Wow! Amazing.

RE: KOKOPELLI - Grey Mountain - 10-24-2020

Kokopelli is well know to us Redskins.

GM

RE: KOKOPELLI - Gary G™ - 10-24-2020

Nice!

RE: KOKOPELLI - Turner52 - 10-24-2020

beatiful piece. well done.

RE: KOKOPELLI - Splinterz25 - 10-24-2020

Thank you guys just a bit of fun , I'm working on 7 others now I'll post those in a while.

RE: KOKOPELLI - arthropod98 - 10-27-2020

that's awesome!  
Cool

kokopellis are pretty cool.  did a pillow vase a few years ago with one carved into it.

RE: KOKOPELLI - Chuck 80 - 10-28-2020

Great work
I love the carving.