Woodnet Forums
foredom / router wrench - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: foredom / router wrench (/showthread.php?tid=7359204)

foredom / router wrench - jussi - 11-29-2020

Anyone know where you can get custom sized thin wrenches like the kind used on routers?  I recently picked up a used foredom rotary tool but the wrench is missing.  I also need to get a replacement one for a Milwaukee router.

RE: foredom / router wrench - Eurekan - 11-29-2020

Well you could do what my Dad did. Buy something at a garage sale and grind it down. Been working that way for many years.

RE: foredom / router wrench - Bill_de - 11-29-2020

(11-29-2020, 10:09 PM)jussi Wrote: Anyone know where you can get custom sized thin wrenches like the kind used on routers?  I recently picked up a used foredom rotary tool but the wrench is missing.  I also need to get a replacement one for a Milwaukee router.

1-1/8" Open End Wrench [49-96-0365] for Milwaukee Power Tools | eReplacement Parts

HP4-993 Collet Changing Wrench Set | | Foredom Electric Company

--

RE: foredom / router wrench - fredhargis - 11-30-2020

The Milwaukee is a 2-wrench router, did you just misplace one? (PS, Porter Cable wrenches fir as well.)

RE: foredom / router wrench - jussi - 11-30-2020

Thanks. Just placed my order. I figured foredom would have it but was wondering if there was a company that made general sized ones.

The Milwaukee router is the cordless version and has a spindle lock and only 1 wrench.

RE: foredom / router wrench - Admiral - 11-30-2020

(11-29-2020, 11:19 PM)Eurekan Wrote: Well you could do what my Dad did. Buy something at a garage sale and grind it down. Been working that way for many years.

Ha!  I've done that several times with cheap flea market wrenches.  Pretty effective.

RE: foredom / router wrench - MKepke - 12-01-2020

Amazon sells them..just look for "thin open ended wrench"

Coincidentally, I recently lost/misplaced the collet wrench for my Foredom handpiece but found that one that fit from some random hardware kit (bed frame?).

I keep almost all of those tools from such kits as long as they're not junk.

-Mark