Woodnet Forums
Unicycle stand completed! - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Unicycle stand completed! (/showthread.php?tid=7359702)

Unicycle stand completed! - toolmiser - 12-25-2020

Here is the completed Unicycle stand that was a Christmas gift.  Thanks for the guidance that I was given here about design.  It has a slight tip back, and it is fairly sturdy and Not top heavy.  I know it will get beat up with use, but that is ok.  It folds together for storage.

I used cherry on the uprights, ash on the feet, and walnut on the back brace.  I applied Danish oil cherry stain to everything and it blended the wood color more than I wanted, but some times you learn.  I think time (aging) will make a difference also.

Merry Christmas

[attachment=31814]

[attachment=31815]

[attachment=31816]

[attachment=31817]

[attachment=31818]

RE: Unicycle stand completed! - Bill Holt - 12-25-2020

Nice job.  The stain did blend the three woods...never would guessed.

RE: Unicycle stand completed! - Cooler - 12-28-2020

I looked online to see what my unicycle stand options were. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=unicycle+stands&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjI4bK3-PDtAhUM2FkKHQf1D0IQ_AUoAnoECAgQBA&biw=1600&bih=786

Yours seems to be the Stradivarius of unicycle stands.  Nice job.

RE: Unicycle stand completed! - EdL - 12-28-2020

Thats cool, turned out great.

Never could get the hang of one of those infernal things....would watch my uncle, he could ride one as good as a bike. All I did was get hurt.

Ed

RE: Unicycle stand completed! - toolmiser - 12-28-2020

I made a very primative "test model" to see if it would even work. I kind of "winged it" the rest of the way. To make it a little stylish, I did taper the top third of the uprights. I just layed out some lines and went to work with a spoke shave. I wish I would have went further down. I am not good at doing my own design work. Just not my thing.

Thanks for the responses.